Player Resource Consortium

Author Topic: Spice up the Original campaign  (Read 11649 times)

May 20, 2012, 02:56:00 PM
  • Sr. Associate
    • View Profile

after a bit of experimenting, I decided to revamp the OC a bit, by altering the XP scale.
for some experimentation, here is what I did:

OC
Prelude: 100, in order to get a kickstart
Act 1: 50, it's pretty big and by setting at 100 one would get to almost level 15, without skipping anything
Act 1 Finale: 100 again, because it's kickass and very short, I love all of it
Act 2: 50, yes, it's the biggest act of the game, it can't be set higher than that.
Act 2 finale: 50 again, 9 floors are pretty long
Act 3: undecided about this one... what do you recommend?
Act 4: again, 100 in order to get the best of it

enemies level with you, I encounter ghoul lords in the beggar's nest and they are powerful. not too much, because I have a good build, but very.

I await suggestions for SoU and Hotu (although, that one is all set at 100 save the first act, 150)

EDIT: actually, I wanted to make modules prc-and projectQ compliant, but I don't know how. ACP would be awesome as well.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2012, 05:25:54 PM by Dark_Ansem »
My first PrC+Q module (and 1st mod ever): Revamped OC

http://neverwinter.nexusmods.com/mods/163

May 21, 2012, 02:45:13 PM
Reply #1
  • Sr. Associate
    • View Profile

is there a way to use the advanced PrC settings in said modules?

May 21, 2012, 02:50:59 PM
Reply #2
    • View Profile

is there a way to use the advanced PrC settings in said modules?
Sure. You could setup PRC PnP xp system via personal_switches.2da (see prc_inc_switch.nss for more details)

May 21, 2012, 03:01:08 PM
Reply #3
  • Sr. Associate
    • View Profile

I mean for Npcs... stuff like spell components or racial HD....

btw, can I request a new race to be added to the list of playable ones?

EDIT: has the "Extract brain" illithid feat hitbox problem fixed? that is, they could extract brain from a very large distance?
EDIT2: how about the Demilich's spell-like ability 2x: Greater Planar Ally? I know it's already overpowered as it is that template, but... :P
« Last Edit: May 21, 2012, 06:02:48 PM by Dark_Ansem »

May 22, 2012, 03:26:42 AM
Reply #4
  • Adept
    • View Profile

More than an XP adjustment, what I personally would be interested in is changing things to account for all the extra classes - letting Warmages and other arcane casters go through that mage tower thing (I never actually played one, so I don't know if there's anything to it other than a shop), letting Ultimate Rangers do the druid's quest, and so on.

May 22, 2012, 03:30:06 AM
Reply #5
  • Sr. Associate
    • View Profile

mm, that would require some serious script. if the prc authors will help me, I'll try to do it. not first thing, however. more than that I'd like to learn how to make more alignment adjustments accordingly to dialogue options, in the OC you can't change your lawfulness, for example, even by barging in people's house.
I still might experiment in the prelude...

May 22, 2012, 05:55:23 AM
Reply #6
    • View Profile

More than an XP adjustment, what I personally would be interested in is changing things to account for all the extra classes - letting Warmages and other arcane casters go through that mage tower thing (I never actually played one, so I don't know if there's anything to it other than a shop), letting Ultimate Rangers do the druid's quest, and so on.

Cloaktower should be fixed in PRC 3.5 - all arcane classes should be able to finish this quest.
Druid quest is not available for Rangers (I'm thinking about second chapter here) so IMHO it shouldn't be available to Ultimate Rangers.

Any more quest suggestions?

May 22, 2012, 06:19:19 AM
Reply #7
  • Sr. Associate
    • View Profile

not really, but a question: does the prc ocfix alter, for example, the aribeth script of her going to the door and saying "I must speak with you" at the end of the prelude?

May 23, 2012, 11:12:07 AM
Reply #8
  • Sr. Associate
    • View Profile

Cloaktower should be fixed in PRC 3.5 - all arcane classes should be able to finish this quest.
Druid quest is not available for Rangers (I'm thinking about second chapter here) so IMHO it shouldn't be available to Ultimate Rangers.

Any more quest suggestions?

not really a quest suggestion but an idea, although it will be time-consuming: modify the scripts that require a base class to include those new base classes, where you feel appropriate.

Example: treasures that spawn items accordingly to class (beginning of both OC and SOU) only calculate the base 8 classes. would it be possible to add to the same item more classes? like, the item spawned for fighters should be spawned for anti-paladins or brawlers as well, the items spawned for wizards should spawn for warlocks as well, and so on. after al, all new classes can be regrouped to a variation of mage/warrior/thief, can't they?

May 23, 2012, 11:20:40 AM
Reply #9
    • View Profile

Example: treasures that spawn items accordingly to class (beginning of both OC and SOU) only calculate the base 8 classes. would it be possible to add to the same item more classes? like, the item spawned for fighters should be spawned for anti-paladins or brawlers as well, the items spawned for wizards should spawn for warlocks as well, and so on. after al, all new classes can be regrouped to a variation of mage/warrior/thief, can't they?
I've already done something like that :/
Are you saying that it's not working?
Have you installed oc_fix?

May 23, 2012, 11:37:16 AM
Reply #10
  • Sr. Associate
    • View Profile

I did, but only in the official campaign. I did not install it in SOU or HOTU: it's supposed to work with those other campaigns as well?

May 23, 2012, 12:10:53 PM
Reply #11
    • View Profile

I did, but only in the official campaign. I did not install it in SOU or HOTU: it's supposed to work with those other campaigns as well?
Yes, you won't be able to finish HotU if you don't install oc_fix.

May 23, 2012, 12:18:25 PM
Reply #12
  • Sr. Associate
    • View Profile

ah. in the next release, can you specifiy that it's for all the official modules?

May 30, 2012, 03:30:39 PM
Reply #13
  • Adept
    • View Profile

I finished HotU with a pure-class Warlock, without ocfix (PRC 3.5). The only time there was a problem was near the Illithid overmind, after getting out of 'dream' my char seemed to be cutscene-paralysed while the game continued and enemies went in. I had to let him die and respawn. There were no game-breaking problems other than that.

May 30, 2012, 03:35:49 PM
Reply #14
    • View Profile

I finished HotU with a pure-class Warlock, without ocfix (PRC 3.5). The only time there was a problem was near the Illithid overmind, after getting out of 'dream' my char seemed to be cutscene-paralysed while the game continued and enemies went in. I had to let him die and respawn. There were no game-breaking problems other than that.
Right, the cutscenes will cause most problems in HotU. I only played without oc fix once. Got stuck in the final cutscene of chapter 1 :( It's much safer to install oc_fix.