Player Resource Consortium

Author Topic: NWNX crash only on modules with PRC  (Read 4128 times)

June 14, 2012, 11:49:30 AM
  • Adept
    • View Profile

As the title says.  Logs don't show any errors, so that's pretty worthless.  It's odd, I can use modules with the PRC merged in, such as any of the official campaigns, with no problem.  Or I can take the EN4 CEP version with no PRC and it runs.  But if I were to use the PRC module installer to put the PRC in that EN4, NWNX server (not NWNX itself, but the hooked NWN server) crashes after the server trying to load it for ~15-20 sec?  If I use the normal NWN server, there is no crash.  I've tried it on other stuff like aielund saga (crashes NWNX server, normal server is fine), and it only seems to happen when a module requires a merge hak and/or tlk from the PRC install.  Weird.  Actually does occur with almost any PRC module, but not quite all.

Using the NWNX install straight from the latest PRC server pack.  Setting up NWNX stuff via personal_switch.2da, with these (maybe wrong?) settings:

Code: [Select]
50 PRC_USE_DATABASE int 1
51 PRC_DB_SQLITE int 1
52 PRC_USE_LETOSCRIPT int 1
53 PRC_LETOSCRIPT_FIX_ABILITIES int 1
54 PRC_LETOSCRIPT_NWN_DIR string "I:\NeverwinterNights\NWN\"

Ya, it's on the I: drive.

I can post logs, but they look like normal logs except it never starts running anything.  The error log is empty.  Successfully precached everything in SQLite, and the config files are unaltered from the default install.  Just wondering if anyone encountered (or hopefully fixed) this before?
« Last Edit: June 14, 2012, 01:27:51 PM by lolwhat »

June 14, 2012, 12:50:57 PM
Reply #1
    • View Profile

Try deleting nwnx_funcs.dll (or use older version of nwnx_funcs).

June 14, 2012, 01:21:43 PM
Reply #2
  • Adept
    • View Profile

Hey, it worked!  I should correct that even things with only the PRC installed (not the merging crap I was ranting about in the OP) would cause crashes too.  In case anyone else runs into the same deal.

Is that nwnx_funcs.dll important at all?  I'll try to figure out the highest version that will run without crashing for me and report back for the sake of others.

edit:
Ok, version 089 was the latest I could get to work.  Got it from here.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2012, 01:26:14 PM by lolwhat »

June 14, 2012, 01:40:49 PM
Reply #3
    • View Profile

My modules run with nwnx_funcs 0.0.9.2 (I reverted to that version after crash reports form DM Heatstroke).