Player Resource Consortium

Author Topic: Call Mount Feat?  (Read 6781 times)

July 01, 2012, 07:32:33 AM
  • Adept
    • View Profile

Right now Paladin's are the only class with the ability to summon a mount as a free feat, this seems odd to me because many other classes like Purple Dragon Knight or Crusader, have the Ride skill but in modules where no horse is provided, no way to gain one.

Paladins can still summon their mounts in modules that lack them being provided to other classes, so would it be hard to invest in a feat to Call a mount? Pre-Req to taking a rank in Ride of course. And it still leaves the Paladin unique (leveling, free mount)

Potentially add a line of Feats that improve your mount (War Horse, Gallop, Selective Breeding as example names)

I'm sorry if I've posted this in the wrong section, I'm not to sure where suggestions would go.

July 01, 2012, 08:08:51 AM
Reply #1

You'd have to give the source for these, because the PRC gets pulled out of sourcebooks usually.
The eventual creator of the PRC Incarnum System!
23rd highest post count and counting!

July 02, 2012, 07:02:55 AM
Reply #2
  • Adept
    • View Profile

Through technicality/cheese? Leadership. Otherwise I don't believe one exists.

July 02, 2012, 05:41:48 PM
Reply #3

Through technicality/cheese? Leadership. Otherwise I don't believe one exists.

A paladin's mount is a summoned creature as well as a class feature & not just something a player gets from having Ride as a class skill.

HEATSTROKE

July 02, 2012, 09:50:23 PM
Reply #4
  • Adept
    • View Profile

I know, was more trying to address the complete lack of access to horses in some modules could be fought with creative feat selection. Or simply an option to PRC Options for once you have leadership in 'Manage Cohorts' add a mount option. Since again you can get a mount through Leadership

November 01, 2012, 04:53:56 PM
Reply #5
  • Adept
    • View Profile

Is it possible to mount something other than horses?

November 01, 2012, 09:45:35 PM
Reply #6

Is it possible to mount something other than horses?

The CEP has a ton of mounts.
HEATSTROKE