Player Resource Consortium

Author Topic: Fist of Raziel Spell Progression confusion?  (Read 5564 times)

July 09, 2012, 11:13:22 AM
  • Adept
    • View Profile

I was trying to build a Paladin/Archivist/Fist of Raziel, and while FoR progressed the spell levels normally I didn't actually get the option to pick up new spells. So I'm getting spell slots, but no spells. Although I can still use "Read Magic" to put those spells in my Spellbook.

Still, not sure how to proceed.

July 09, 2012, 11:24:08 AM
Reply #1
    • View Profile

Are you sure Fist of Raziel is progressing Archivists spellcasting? What is the Intelligence score of your character?

July 09, 2012, 11:41:46 AM
Reply #2
  • Adept
    • View Profile

Oh yeah it progresses it. My Intelligence score is 20, I only have 6 levels of Archivist and 5 Level 9 spell slots, but no level 9 spells. I took 4 Levels of Paladin, 5 Levels of Archivist and got to pick spells for each level, then I took 10 levels of Fist of Raziel, my spell slots/ranks went up (Up to Level 8) but the dialogue option to pick new spells never came up, and when I took a 6th level in Archivist, I was only able to pick 1 Level 7 spell and 1 Level 6 spell at that point I was level 22, with 18 intelligence. more correctly, I could pick any 2 spells, but only 2 spells.

Seen here, Got the Spell Slots, just no learned spells.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2012, 12:26:49 PM by DM Heatstroke »

July 09, 2012, 12:26:57 PM
Reply #3
    • View Profile

Oh... Well... I wanted that Archivist class worked similar to Wizard - if you take a PrC that advances wizard spellcasting you'll see that it doesn't give you any new spells known - you can learn them from scrolls. Same with Archivist, so... that's intended ;)

July 09, 2012, 12:45:43 PM
Reply #4
  • Adept
    • View Profile

July 09, 2012, 09:24:26 PM
Reply #5
  • Adept
    • View Profile

Actually slight problem which might actually be a bug (sorry for the double post, just wanted to make sure this was seen) I can't take a lot of Level 8/9 spells. Things like Gate and Sunburst are rejected on the grounds of "Not a Divine Spell" I'll get a screen cap soon.

The picture, if it's confusing, is of myself taking Archivist for the 20th level, having 19 Intelligence, the "8th Level Spells" menu appearing but not containing spells, and Gate, a spell that's Divine and supposed to be on the spell list (see: http://www.athasreborn.com/prc/manual/english/content/base_classes/190.html) not being learn-able.

Level 7 and bellow spells function normally.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2012, 09:38:26 PM by Onmi »

July 10, 2012, 01:54:00 AM
Reply #6
    • View Profile

You are experiencing 'file ends' issue. My guess is that you installed new PRC version and loaded a saved game. To fix this - delete all prc_data.* files from NWN\database directory, start a new game in a module with PRC installed - this should generate new, correct database files and fix 'file ends' problem

July 10, 2012, 03:41:04 AM
Reply #7
  • Adept
    • View Profile

Well I hadn't installed a new PRC but I had run the auto-updater, and that solved the problem.