Player Resource Consortium

Author Topic: Craft Rod Problem  (Read 4498 times)

July 26, 2012, 01:22:53 PM
  • Adept
    • View Profile

While the other crafting convo feats work, craft rod convo seems not to work at all. When using craft item on a crafted rod will open the convo after picking the spell choice the convo just closes and nothing happens no message, lose of xp, gold, and the rod stays the same. But Cast n Crafting still works on the rod its the convo like it doesn't detect its the right rod or something. I have the same problem on a server but the cast on crafting is disabled either by mistake or purpose i don't know, so that is not a option there . 

This was tested on a wizard in a single player prc test module:
I've attempted a reinstall first (had so many unused haks and overrides i thought it was the cause).
Took the right feat.
I have more then enough gold and xp.
I had the right spells memorized up to forth level.

July 31, 2012, 01:10:11 PM
Reply #1
    • View Profile

Sorry, I ralely use crafting convo to craft scrolls, wands etc. That's why I never noticed that there's a problem with craft rod feat. The attached file should fix it (please test if it works for you).

Thanks for reporting this issue.

August 01, 2012, 07:11:45 PM
Reply #2
  • Adept
    • View Profile

Do i add this to a folder or add it to the mod it self? If its the latter I have no idea.
Edit:
Since i have no idea what I'm doing for a single player fix, I'll probably wait for a PRC update fix as this was really to get it working on Harrowport. I'll Just make a post about the feat being broken on their forum for now with a link to this post.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2012, 07:42:11 PM by Graven »

August 02, 2012, 07:55:16 AM
Reply #3
    • View Profile

Extract the ncs file for example on your desktop.
Use nwhak.exe (it's in NWN\utils directory) to open prc_scripts.hak.
Drag and drop prc_craft.ncs file to nwhak window (overwrite existing file).
Save the hak.

I know it looks a bit complicated, but when you learn to use nwhak.exe, you'll see that's really easy.

August 02, 2012, 12:12:21 PM
Reply #4

I know it looks a bit complicated, but when you learn to use nwhak.exe, you'll see that's really easy.

NWHak is basically Winzip with a different extension. :D
HEATSTROKE

August 02, 2012, 07:28:13 PM
Reply #5
  • Adept
    • View Profile

Never used any nwn programs besides the client and the toolkit so i had no idea what to do lol, but I was able to get the file added to the hak. Craft rod convo is now working for me now.