Player Resource Consortium

Author Topic: permanent stat increase  (Read 14279 times)

October 23, 2012, 05:55:03 AM
  • Adept
    • View Profile

just installed NWN and playing it for the first time. so i'm trying to give my character a half-celestial template but the problem is the stat increase aren't permanent since they're green.

I already installed the NWNX and the nwnx_funcs but it still doesn't work.

Questions:

1. do you need to run the nwnx2.exe while playing in the OC for it to NWNX2 to work?
2. where are you supposed to put the nwnx_funcs.nss? I just added it to the prc_include.hak using nwhak and then updated the vanilla campaigns with the PRCmoduleupdater since it says in the readme of nwnxfuncs to add it to your module

any idea what the problem is?

October 23, 2012, 06:15:06 PM
Reply #1

1. do you need to run the nwnx2.exe while playing in the OC for it to NWNX2 to work?

Yes, but you also need to be running the OC modules in the NWServer application.  I may be wrong, but I don't think NWNx2 hooks into the graphical client.

2. where are you supposed to put the nwnx_funcs.nss? I just added it to the prc_include.hak using nwhak and then updated the vanilla campaigns with the PRCmoduleupdater since it says in the readme of nwnxfuncs to add it to your module.

Put it in your topmost hak, not the includes hak.

any idea what the problem is?

After you do the above two things, you'll want to add the following switch to the module properties.

PRC_LETOSCRIPT_FIX_ABILITIES = 1

Quote from: prc_inc_switches.nss
/**
 * Set this to 1 to have Letoscript convert stat boosts on the hide to
 * permanent ones.
 */
HEATSTROKE

October 23, 2012, 11:08:06 PM
Reply #2
  • Adept
    • View Profile

Added questions

1. Aside from the nwnxfuncs plugin,  what other nwnx plugins do I need from the nwnx website? Do I need the odbc, hashsets etc? or is it ok if I only have the core nwnx installed?
2. everytime I try to load the OC module from the nwserver started by nwnx, the nwserver crashes, I'm I missing something? Also i'm using the nwnx_funcs_0941
3. Do I need to to use the PRC serverpack? or is the prcpack enough?
4. Is PRC_LETOSCRIPT_FIX_ABILITIES the only switch I need for the permanent stat boost?
« Last Edit: October 24, 2012, 02:54:08 AM by n_junj_u »

October 24, 2012, 11:23:43 AM
Reply #3

1. Aside from the nwnxfuncs plugin,  what other nwnx plugins do I need from the nwnx website? Do I need the odbc, hashsets etc? or is it ok if I only have the core nwnx installed?
3. Do I need to to use the PRC serverpack? or is the prcpack enough?

Just use the PRC server pack.  Dont' worry about additional dlls from nwnx.org.

4. Is PRC_LETOSCRIPT_FIX_ABILITIES the only switch I need for the permanent stat boost?
Pretty sure that is correct.  You will want to set other switches for other things though.

2. everytime I try to load the OC module from the nwserver started by nwnx, the nwserver crashes, I'm I missing something? Also i'm using the nwnx_funcs_0941

Can you post your logs?
HEATSTROKE

October 25, 2012, 12:22:44 AM
Reply #4
  • Adept
    • View Profile

from nwnx.txt
NWN Extender V.2.7-beta4
(c) 2004 by Ingmar Stieger (Papillon) and Jeroen Broekhuizen
(c) 2007-2008 by virusman
visit us at http://www.nwnx.org

* Loading plugins...
* Plugin funcs is loaded.
* Plugin leto is loaded.
* Plugin odbc is loaded.
* Plugin profiler is loaded.
* NWNX2 activated.
* Function not specified.* NWNX2 shutting down...
* NWNX2 shutdown successfull.

from nwnx_funcs
[10/25/2012 12:12:56] Windows NWNX Funcs plugin v.0.0.9.3
[10/25/2012 12:12:56] log level: 0
[10/25/2012 12:12:56] * CNWSMessage__TestObjectVisible hooked
[10/25/2012 12:12:56] * CNWSCreatureStats__GetEffectImmunity hooked

from nwnx_leto
NWNX-Leto module (build 03 - FF)
(c) 2004 by David Frauzel (dragonsong), dragon@weathersong.net
Information and support: http://weathersong.infopop.cc

* Loading LetoScript.dll...
* LetoScript metamodule activated (1.119ms).

from nwnx_odbc
NWNX ODBC2 plugin V.0.9.2.5
(c) 2005 by Ingmar Stieger (Papillon) and Jeroen Broekhuizen

o Logfile maximum size limit is: 524288 bytes
o Log level: Everything will be logged.
o Using SQLite connection.
o Hooking SCO....hooked at 5d5830
o Hooking RCO....hooked at 5d5710
o Connect successful.
o Disconnecting from database.

from nwnx_profiler:
NWNX Profiler V.1.62
(c) 2005 by Ingmar Stieger (papillon@nwnx.org)
(c) 2008 by virusman (virusman@virusman.ru)

* Updated entries are marked with a * symbol
* Logfile maximum size limit is: 524288 bytes
* Log level: Only overall statistics will be logged.
* RunScript hooked (symbol: >).
* Cross area pathfinding hooked (symbol: @)
* Tile pathfinding hooked (symbol: $)

Current statistics
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
prc_onaquire            0 msec      1 calls *|
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Elapsed time                : 35259 msec
Runtime delta               : 0 msec
Total cumulative runtime    : 0 msec
Total number of scriptcalls : 1

Current statistics
area_m1q0e_1            0 msec      5 calls *| prc_onaquire           30 msec    182 calls *|
m1q0d_area_1            0 msec     13 calls *| area_m1q0_1            0 msec      2 calls *|
area_m1q0b_1            0 msec     33 calls *|
Elapsed time                : 2688 msec
Runtime delta               : 30 msec
Total cumulative runtime    : 30 msec
Total number of scriptcalls : 236

from nwserverlog1:
[Thu Oct 25 12:12:56] Loading Module:
[Thu Oct 25 12:12:56]---- Server Options ----
Max Players: 6
Char Levels: (1-40)
Player Password: NO
DM Login Enabled: YES
Server Admin Login Enabled: YES
Post Game To Internet: YES
Game Type: Action
Difficulty: 4
PVP Setting: PARTY
Vault: LOCAL
Only One Party: YES
Enforce Legal Characters: YES
Item Level Restrictions: NO
Player pausing: DISABLED
Auto Save: Enabled
Saving Characters in Saved Game
---- End Server Options ----

GameSpy Server Error: Unable to query the server. You may need to open port 5121 for incoming traffic.
[Thu Oct 25 12:13:13] Loading Module: Prelude

nwserverError1 is empty

October 26, 2012, 02:05:38 PM
Reply #5
    • View Profile

Could you try different version of nwnx_funcs.dll, please? The one icluded in PRC Server Pack can crash nwserver in some cases. Due to some problems with NWN Vault I was unable to update the Server Pack.

Also, if you're using nwnx_funcs, you don't need PRC_LETOSCRIPT_FIX_ABILITIES switch - PRC code should automatically detect nwnx_funcs plugin and use it.

October 26, 2012, 09:21:30 PM
Reply #6
  • Adept
    • View Profile

It works thanks!

October 06, 2013, 08:28:14 AM
Reply #7

Sorry for posing in a long dead topic, but i have a similar problem. I tried using different nwnx_funcs.dll as you recommended, but none of them worked. Can anyone please help me find working one .dll? My NWN version is 1.69 of course, PRC is 3.5 updated. Thanks.

October 07, 2013, 01:13:23 PM
Reply #8
    • View Profile

The version that worked for me was 089. You can download it form here:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/mrnwnxstuff/files/old/

October 07, 2013, 02:08:13 PM
Reply #9

This one allowed me to launch nwserver without a crash, thanks!
But for some reason, my stats are still green when i am playing with my cleric 30/lich 10. I even tried to add nwnx_funcs.nss into a separate .hak, but it stayed the same. Do i need to do something else?

Edit: Seems like it worked for a new character, int-wis-cha is perma increased, but constitution is still green (lich template). It is okay, right?
« Last Edit: October 08, 2013, 11:08:16 AM by Half-Virus »

October 08, 2013, 12:34:25 PM
Reply #10
    • View Profile

Liches do not gain any constitution bonuses in PnP. The effect you see is a work around for undead HD increase. I think with nwnx_funcs we could actually add hit points, but in version 3.5 it stays as it is.

October 08, 2013, 12:51:48 PM
Reply #11

Yes, i know that undeads doesn't have a constitution score, i was just wondering about how it's working here. Thanks for your help once again!

November 30, 2013, 08:39:10 PM
Reply #12
  • Adept
    • View Profile

I have the same problem of enhancement instead of permanent stat bonuses, but I do not know how to fix it following the advice that has been given (I don't know how to work NWNX2, and none of it's readme files explain how to work it for a purpose other than server creation) so I could use a slower, from the start explanation of how this works. Don't assume I already know how to do much aside configure the char creator and run the PRC self-installer :P

EDIT: After tinkering around for two hours again, I got this to work. Working templates are so great! :D
« Last Edit: June 07, 2014, 10:44:11 AM by Kerikulon »

June 21, 2017, 11:04:49 PM
Reply #13
  • Adept
    • View Profile

I'm honestly stuck, sorry for posting in an old topic. I tried following the steps mentioned and installed NWNX2, placed the nwnx_funcs.nss  in the prcc1, prcc2, prc_scripts, and prc_include haks, and activated both NWServer, and NWNX2.exe to try to get a half dragon to work properly. Problem is every time I try to have both NWServer with the module loaded in and NWNX2 active and make a character and use the PRC radial to change the template, the character's stat increases keep showing up in green. Is there something I'm doing wrong?

What I've been doing is logging into multiplayer when I start the game, and going into the LAN server that my game from NWServer creates, then I try to set the Leto script and fix abilities option to 1, and it changes the character to a half dragon but the stats show up in green every time.

Thanks!

June 22, 2017, 06:36:23 AM
Reply #14

Install prc server pack, and then install some of the older nwnx_funcs.dll, like, 0.0.8.9 (that's the one i am using).
EDIT: Oh, and you only need to launch NWNX2. It should automatically launch the server. Perhaps that's your problem.