Player Resource Consortium

Author Topic: Modifying Shifter pnp class - possible?  (Read 6120 times)

December 04, 2012, 08:21:39 PM
  • Adept
    • View Profile

I wonder if it is possible to make a small modification to PNP shifter class - so your normal wildshape/learn form functions like epic version, copying spells and special abilities from a creature?

This would be cheating, but really nice for modules where you never get to epic levels for having some fun with creature abilities.

December 06, 2012, 08:11:17 AM
Reply #1
  • Developer
    • View Profile

I wonder if it is possible to make a small modification to PNP shifter class - so your normal wildshape/learn form functions like epic version, copying spells and special abilities from a creature?

This would be cheating, but really nice for modules where you never get to epic levels for having some fun with creature abilities.

For anyone who's set up to build the prc, this should be fairly easy, I believe. Unfortunately I'm not at this point, but I could point you in the right direction if you are.

December 06, 2012, 08:58:01 AM
Reply #2
  • Adept
    • View Profile

I'd appreciate a few pointers if you can give them, i've done some nwn scripting and coding in general, but prc is a huge amount of scripts and im not sure how to make the change so that it applies to all modules i use prc in(perhaps use overrides? not sure if it would work like that)

Any help would be nice if you have got the time, thanks.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2012, 09:04:26 AM by dele »

December 07, 2012, 12:46:00 PM
Reply #3
  • Jr. Associate
    • View Profile

I've been poking around in the Shifter code recently as part of my little personal project to convert the Werewolf class from Polymorph to PnP shifting, and I think the code you want is this:

prc_inc_shifting
int ShiftIntoCreature(object oShifter, int nShifterType, object oTemplate, int bGainSpellLikeAbilities = FALSE);

I haven't tested this or anything, but I think that if you go into this routine and set bGainSpellLikeAbilities = TRUE all the time, then all your transformations will gain the SLAs.

As CapnQ said, you do have to be able to compile the PRC yourself to make this change.

Yo!
ATalsen

December 07, 2012, 06:57:01 PM
Reply #4
  • Adept
    • View Profile

No luck so far, i tried to make the changes(and tried some others) by extracting the script files from PRC haks and changing the data, then replacing the old file in the haks with the new one, this worked with 2das to change pnp shifter requirements but didnt affect the shifting epic power gain in any way, either i dont know how to change it properly or the game doesnt want to read the changed nss files in prc_include.hak

Update: i got it working, looks like a lot of the checking for the epic shifting is made in the ingame shifter options conversation script, which checks if the user is an epic shifter. I will explore now if its possible to turn shifter into a base class, so you could go pure shifter, might be a big change to do though but i'll start at investigating the 2da's.

Update 2: looks like turning shifterpnp into a base class type was really easy through the 2da's now i'm off to try if i can succeed with a pure shifter pnp character.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2012, 07:54:37 PM by dele »