Player Resource Consortium

Author Topic: If free time allows...  (Read 20723 times)

December 07, 2012, 09:10:49 PM

I'll be making a Pathfinder D20-based RPG (Less Lawsuits. Just gonna pick out one or two good ideas, and add my own). It may take me years.

It's intended to be a tad like Shining Force, but with more flexibility, and using a Hex grid.

The plot hook: You are Lyle the Warlock, a recent graduate (and to the chagrin of the jingoist faculty, valedictorian) of the local arcane magic college. The Empress of a mighty empire calls you and a small group of her champions to combat the menace of a cadre of necromancers...at first.

The characters will be able to level up and multiclass as a normal 3.p character, but it'll be more limited for ease of balance (e.g. the Samurai character will never take levels in Sorcerer, as he distrusts arcane magic.)

So if you ever see a game called "The Warlock's Journey," know that it's probably me.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2012, 12:21:17 PM by malonkey1 »
The eventual creator of the PRC Incarnum System!
23rd highest post count and counting!

December 08, 2012, 12:46:50 PM
Reply #1

I'll be making a Pathfinder-based RPG. It may take me years.

It's intended to be a tad like Shining Force, but with more flexibility, and using a Hex grid.

The plot hook: You are Lyle the Warlock, a recent graduate (and to the chagrin of the jingoist faculty, valedictorian) of the local arcane magic college. The Empress of a mighty empire calls you and a small group of her champions to combat the menace of a cadre of necromancers...at first.

The characters will be able to level up and multiclass as a normal 3.p character, but it'll be more limited for ease of balance (e.g. the Samurai character will never take levels in Sorcerer, as he distrusts arcane magic.)

So if you ever see a game called "The Warlock's Journey," know that it's probably me.

These guys are making a OGL / d20 based RPG that uses a hex grid system.

Also, Pazio will sue your butt off for using their IP without permission.  And since they are starting to utilize their IP in the PC gaming area, they will be looking for others doing the same.

Now if you want to do a d20 / OGL based PC game on your own IP, then more power to you :D
HEATSTROKE

December 08, 2012, 07:29:10 PM
Reply #2

Yeah, it's just using the ruleset. the IP is my own.

December 09, 2012, 10:18:34 AM
Reply #3

Yeah, it's just using the ruleset. the IP is my own.

Good deal.  Your first problem will be that Warlocks aren't OGL. :D
HEATSTROKE

December 09, 2012, 12:06:10 PM
Reply #4

Well, Warlocks as they appear in existing sourcebooks. the word "Warlock" predates D&D, and is free to use, provided I can differentiate sufficiently from existing warlock classes.