Player Resource Consortium

Author Topic: Character Creator and GOG.com  (Read 5208 times)

December 14, 2012, 11:43:38 PM

Does the PRC Character creator works with the GOG version of NWN? It has its own custom installer, it installs version 1.69 with both expansions, but when I tried to use the character creator (after configuring it as the instructions say) but I get this error log --> http://pastebin.com/NFStus44 I am using Windows XP x64 sp2 with the latest 64bit java installed.

December 15, 2012, 04:30:06 PM
Reply #1
  • Adept
    • View Profile

If yer on 64bit XP it may be kinda wonky anyway, I don't recall support for it being super widespread, and it could be that the PRC uses 32bit java stuff or some such? Just a shot in the dark thought there, honestly.

That said - I'm running Win7 64bit and the GoG version of NWN Diamond and the PRC Creator works like a top. Be sure that youare, of course, running the RUN_CC.BAT and not the CharacterCreator.exe itself or whatnot!

December 16, 2012, 03:20:00 AM
Reply #2
    • View Profile

It seems that CC can't find NWN registy keys. Perhaps GOG installer fails to create them. I've attached registry entries exported from my NWN installation on Windows XP. You'll have to edit the file in notepad first to change NWN installation path. After that simply double click the file to import it into registry.

December 17, 2012, 12:15:17 AM
Reply #3

It seems that CC can't find NWN registy keys. Perhaps GOG installer fails to create them. I've attached registry entries exported from my NWN installation on Windows XP. You'll have to edit the file in notepad first to change NWN installation path. After that simply double click the file to import it into registry.

Thank you very very very much, now it works like a charm :)

p.s.  I must mention (in case someone else has the same problem) that after modifying and inserting the registry entry, the CC displayed another error about not having a portraits folder, so I created it in my installation folder, I am not sure if the problem was that I selected a new race that lacked portraits, but after I deselected the "Lock to Race" option everything worked as intended.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2012, 12:43:13 PM by mangamuscle »