Player Resource Consortium

Author Topic: Racial Spells  (Read 5614 times)

January 08, 2013, 11:39:07 AM
  • Adept
    • View Profile

I know I've managed to have racial spells working properly before, but somewhere along the line, all of them started behaving oddly. Right now, when you cast, say, the invisibility racial on pixie, it casts, which results in it lining up a second cast of invisibility, which fires as per normal. Racial teleport on hound archon casts 'teleport' then casts 'greater teleport - self only' after. Basically, all racial spells are taking two consecutive casts, where the first one just makes the second one queue up.

Any ideas? Obviously I want them to just be one cast, like they did before.

January 08, 2013, 02:04:02 PM
Reply #1
  • Adept
    • View Profile

Just adding on, there is an additional problem going on: after casting racial teleport, the character's caster level is stuck at 6 no matter what. A full server reset is the only way to fix it.

January 08, 2013, 02:11:40 PM
Reply #2
    • View Profile

Sorry I didn't noticed this before. Some settings in feat.2da need to be changed for racial spells. If you want to fix this on your own you'll have to edit feat.2da and set 'ReqAction' column value to 0 for racial spell/feats (ie 4513 - 4516 for hound archon).

I'm not sure how to explain caster level problem. Must check this in game.

January 08, 2013, 02:28:24 PM
Reply #3
  • Adept
    • View Profile

Aha, I was thinking of working around it myself with ReqAction, good to know I was on the right track. I'll knock that out.

I should add that I am using this teleport on a custom race that I added. I thought the problem might have been with that, but racial_sla.nss didn't actually check for that:

Code: [Select]
        case SPELL_HOUND_TELEPORT:
        {
            nCasterLvl = 6;
            nSpell = SPELL_GREATER_TELEPORT_SELF;
            break;
        }

Sorry that I didn't mention that before in case that is a factor, but yeah, please let me know what you find.

January 08, 2013, 02:58:13 PM
Reply #4
    • View Profile

Attached fixed feat.2da. I hope I didn't missed any racial spells. I haven't checked the caster level problem yet, sorry.

January 08, 2013, 03:10:48 PM
Reply #5
  • Adept
    • View Profile

Sweet, thanks! No worries, I've got a pile of module work to do too that'll take a while.

January 16, 2013, 10:42:00 PM
Reply #6
  • Adept
    • View Profile

Heyo, any update on the racial spells? :o

January 26, 2013, 03:38:47 PM
Reply #7
    • View Profile

Most racial spells should work fine - greater teleport uses ClearAllActions() after the jump and that's why it doesn't clean the caster level variable. If you use another SLA after greater teleport the variable will be cleared and it will no longer affect your actual caster level. Sorry I don't have a fix for teleport spell yet.

January 27, 2013, 08:10:45 PM
Reply #8
  • Adept
    • View Profile

Aha! I get it now. I can implement a workaround for my server in the meantime, thanks for letting me know what was making it break!