Player Resource Consortium

Author Topic: Lingering Damage question  (Read 2334 times)

February 02, 2013, 01:39:04 AM
  • Adept
    • View Profile

Heya, I was toying around with Lingering Damage, which appears to want to work with ranged or melee both:

if( GetWeaponRanged(oItem) || IPGetIsMeleeWeapon(oItem) )

This makes it not work with ranged weapons, because that needs to be on the ammo, so I tried:

if( GetWeaponRanged(oItem) || IPGetIsMeleeWeapon(oItem) || IPGetIsProjectile(oItem) )

...And it worked. However, every single shot - even non-sneak attacks - apply lingering damage to the target. I can only surmise that GetCanSneakAttack isn't happy with ranged sneak attacks somehow. I looked at...

if(bIsFlanked || bIsDeniedDex && bIsInRange)

I am definitely not flanking the target; they were swinging at me face to face in melee. They are definitely in range, so is GetIsDeniedDexBonusToAC somehow not working right for ranged?

TL;DR, using Lingering Damage with ranged weapons in an experimental way caused it to think that all non-sneak attacks were sneak attacks, and I'm wondering if I've just broken it because I'm using it in a way that isn't intended (maybe GetWeaponRanged is only there for darts and throwing axes and shurikens?), or if something isn't calculating right for ranged and my experimentation isn't actually at fault. Thoughts?