Player Resource Consortium

Author Topic: Character Creator errors. (Cannot find various 2da files.)  (Read 4334 times)

June 25, 2013, 10:38:19 AM
  • Adept
    • View Profile

Just reinstalled NWN on a new machine, Win7 64-bit. Using the GoG.com installer.

Character creator works fine up until selecting packages. If I select any default package, it crashes with the message "Fatal Error - PackFTBard1 not found. Your data files might be corrupt."

If I select 'configure package' instead of a pre-built package it works fine, but then crashes on selecting the 'Customize' step (for configuring character appearance and such), with the error "Fatal Error - appearance.2da not found. Your data files might be corrupt."

I've tried running in administrator mode, no luck. I'm not sure what exactly is going on, it seems like the CC can't find the default NWN files, which is a bit silly.

Any help would be appreciated.

-O

June 25, 2013, 02:27:18 PM
Reply #1
    • View Profile

I haven't encountered error like this before. Are you sure NWN data files (*.bif) are not corrupted - can you play the game normally? Could you post a screenshot of CC's settings window, please?

June 25, 2013, 03:11:28 PM
Reply #2
  • Adept
    • View Profile

I haven't encountered error like this before. Are you sure NWN data files (*.bif) are not corrupted - can you play the game normally? Could you post a screenshot of CC's settings window, please?

Huh, odd. Just went and played a bit to make sure, my game is half-broken. I can play modules just fine in multiplayer by using NWNX2 to load up a local server, but trying to play them directly in SP mode crashes my game every time.

CC is configured correctly as far as I know. NWN Directory is set to my NWN install (C:\games\Neverwinter Nights Diamond Edition\), I have prc_2das.hak, prc_race.hak, and prc_textures.hak selected for hak files, I have prc_consortium.tlk selected for TLK files and also have use default TLK checked.

I suppose worst case I can wipe the whole install and start over, see if the problem still manifests itself.

Edit: Wiped the whole install, reinstalled. Works fine now. That said, there is a bug with the PRC server pack, it's installing a higher version of nwnx_func.dll that causes the server to crash on load. Downgrading to 0.89 fixes it.

-O
« Last Edit: June 25, 2013, 06:48:48 PM by Ophichius »