Player Resource Consortium

Author Topic: Eldritch Theurge question  (Read 9192 times)

September 21, 2013, 11:57:41 PM
  • Associate
    • View Profile

I have a Warmage (6), Warlock (4), Eldritch Theurge (10).  At 21st level I do not have the option to go up to 11th level of Eldritch Theurge.  Is this suppose to be like this as I thought any prestige class that goes to 10th level can continue in epic levels (11+)?

September 22, 2013, 03:31:37 AM
Reply #1
    • View Profile

Not all PRC classes have epic level progressions - since there was no official one for Eldritch Theurge and Eldritch Disciple, they were not implemented. In other words - both classes can have 10 levels at maximum.

September 22, 2013, 04:45:47 AM
Reply #2
  • Jr. Associate
    • View Profile

If you look in the manual, the BAB/save tables will stop at level 10 for those classes.

September 24, 2013, 08:05:50 PM
Reply #3
  • Associate
    • View Profile

xwarren, I thought you were working on a way for a player to keep going in those classes. Was I just crazy?

September 24, 2013, 08:15:46 PM
Reply #4
  • Associate
    • View Profile

No, I wasn't crazy! Here it is:  http://prc.athasreborn.com/index.php?topic=1577.0

Near the end of the first page you indicated that you almost had eldritch theurge epic ready and would have eldritch disciple ready as soon as you coded the divine gifts.

If you have changed your mind about the advisability of these changes, I would urge the continued validity of the arguments I made at the time.

September 25, 2013, 01:24:03 AM
Reply #5
    • View Profile

I have the code for epic ET class (not sure if I uploaded it to SVN though). I haven't finished epic Divine Gifts, so the epic ED class is not ready yet.

September 26, 2013, 07:00:19 PM
Reply #6
  • Associate
    • View Profile

Okay, so does that mean that the eldritch theurge and eldritch disciple will have epic progression in the next release?

October 01, 2013, 05:21:49 PM
Reply #7

I'm interested in this answer for two reasons. One, I play an Eldritch Theurge on Harrowport and I'm about to hit 20 so being able to go straight Eldritch Theurge in epic levels would be nice. Second, will there be more releases of the PRC? I know it's just you running the show, Xwarren but I know someone else had been working on a new casting system and I've been working on Night Mask Deathbringer, Swiftblade, and possibly Elemental Warrior and a couple others. I was also interested in adding a few D&D/Forgotten Realms spells like Armor of Darkness and possibly recipes to the crafting options if possible.

October 01, 2013, 05:27:05 PM
Reply #8
  • Jr. Associate
    • View Profile

Hmm, the notice doesn't seem to be around any more, but on the old site (nwnprc.com) there was something about how it was essentially finished.

October 01, 2013, 07:45:55 PM
Reply #9
  • Associate
    • View Profile

The old notice was created by Strat when he and his colleagues were essentially finished. xwarren has added much since then, including a new release, and he was already clearly working on epic progression for eldritch theurge and eldritch disciple, which he wouldn't have been doing had he viewed the work as done.

That said, since the coding now seems to be pretty much a one-man operation, whether he still wants to move forward is a question only he can answer. If he does add more stuff, great. If not, well, he still brought the PRC much further than it would have gone without him.

October 02, 2013, 01:27:42 PM
Reply #10
    • View Profile

I realize it has been a while since the last release, and I do not visit this forum as often as I used to. I will be honest - many things changed in my life, and I don't have the same passion for NWN (or D&D in general) anymore. I do check bug reports and test my ideas from time to time. I have many code modifications that I would like to share with NWN players, and I also started implementing two new rogue-like base classes. I hope this proves that I plan to release at least one new version of PRC Pack (possibly with bug-fix release right after that  8)). I wish there were more faithful NWN players like you guys. Thank you!

Hope I wrote this in correct English and I will be understood  :P

October 02, 2013, 03:43:20 PM
Reply #11
  • Associate
    • View Profile

Well, whatever you have the time and inclination to do will be gratefully received.

It is probably true that there are not too many of us left now. A lot of energy went out of the NWN 1 community with the release of NWN 2, but NWN 2 did not lend itself to the kind of PRC incorporation Strat had originally envisioned. NWN 3 didn't allow for any kind of custom content, from what I hear. We would have been infinitely better off in NWN 2 had been more like NWN 1 instead of being so different. I never did end up transferring to it, though I made the attempt a couple of times. (Actually NWN with the PRC baked in and a little better graphics would have satisfied me completely.)

The truly amazing thing is that the PRC is still functioning at all. When you think about how many years have passed, it is a tribute to the quality of the PRC work that there is anyone left. Many people over the years have only stuck with NWN because of the PRC.

October 02, 2013, 05:48:38 PM
Reply #12
  • Jr. Associate
    • View Profile

The Neverwinter online game is nothing at all like the NWN games. The microtransaction model is horrible to put it lightly, I spent about a week there before moving on. It doesn't resemble D&D at all, the only nice bits were the little references to the "old" games, everything from BG up to NWN2. It's just another MMO really. I don't know anything about 4ed rules but it can't possibly resemble any PnP game.

As for more PRC content, I've been working on a module over the past few months (my first ever thing with the NWN toolset) that's a bit like Elidrin's Random Dungeons but with PRC classed enemies. My attempt at PRC AI is incomplete, and pretty pitiful and hacky in places, plus it gets TMI errors occasionally (I'm not too sure what's causing that, but my suspicion is the PRC spellbooks). Basically I started with Bioware's talent stuff and built on it, in retrospect that probably wasn't the smartest thing to do. I've got them using psionics, but haven't done warlock/ToB/truenaming just yet. It's very nearly at a playable stage but it'll still be really buggy and unfinished in many respects. Hoping to keep going with that when real life settles down a little...

Oh, and I made myself a little hakpak of PRC bug fixes, which consists of the things I posted on my thread in the bugs forum. I haven't actually tested most of them though... Yet.

October 03, 2013, 05:29:01 PM
Reply #13
  • Associate
    • View Profile

If you managed to get NPCs to use psionics, that is an achievement.

I used to long for a complete PRC AI for NWN1, but it is so much work that many have started on it, but none have finished so far.