Player Resource Consortium

Author Topic: IRC  (Read 9999 times)

September 07, 2009, 11:28:12 PM

IRC
Chat died earlier today.  It is now back up.  Short story is the OS hard drive failed.

Sorry for the outage.  I'll try not to let failing hardware interfere again ...

June 13, 2010, 12:59:44 PM
Reply #1

IRC
I'm getting an Untrusted Connection Error when I try to enter the Chat Room.

This Connection is Untrusted          

You have asked Firefox to connect
securely to widget.mibbit.com, but we can't confirm that your connection is secure.          

Normally, when you try to connect securely,
sites will present trusted identification to prove that you are
going to the right place. However, this site's identity can't be verified.

This is the first time I've seen this in the 2-3 months I've been using the chat room.
HEATSTROKE

June 13, 2010, 04:24:26 PM
Reply #2

IRC
I am getting it as well.

I open up the technical details and it give me this error.

Code: [Select]
widget.mibbit.com uses an invalid security certificate.

The certificate is not trusted because it is self-signed.

(Error code: sec_error_untrusted_issuer)
« Last Edit: June 13, 2010, 04:24:48 PM by KenquinnTheInsaneOne »

June 13, 2010, 06:00:16 PM
Reply #3

IRC
That is something with the mibbit site's certificates.  The only issue is that the cert is self signed, which shouldn't be a problem.  Click the "I understand the risks" link that should be in the error message page, and then click "add exception" link that should be shown after.  Give it time to load the certificate then click "store this certificate" (going from memory... this may not be the exact name of each link, but the general gist should be apparent.)  This is going from memory with Firefox as the browser.  Other browsers my have other ways of accepting the self signed cert.

June 14, 2010, 09:38:09 AM
Reply #4

IRC
Quote from: TigerDragon

That is something with the mibbit site's certificates.  The only issue is that the cert is self signed, which shouldn't be a problem.  Click the "I understand the risks" link that should be in the error message page, and then click "add exception" link that should be shown after.  Give it time to load the certificate then click "store this certificate" (going from memory... this may not be the exact name of each link, but the general gist should be apparent.)  This is going from memory with Firefox as the browser.  Other browsers my have other ways of accepting the self signed cert.

I did this & now the chat room is throwing me out every five minutes.
HEATSTROKE

June 14, 2010, 05:48:22 PM
Reply #5

IRC
I gave temporary permissions to the chat and it did not kicked me. I was in for over a half hour. I was using Firefox 3.6.3
« Last Edit: June 14, 2010, 05:54:55 PM by KenquinnTheInsaneOne »