Player Resource Consortium

Author Topic: Favored of Milil  (Read 11260 times)

July 15, 2009, 12:35:33 PM
    • View Profile

Where can I find more info about Favored of Milil class?

It looks cool and I think would be easy to code. I read the description in tlk file and I have many doubts - what is the duration of divine song (same as bard song or spell duration?), does divine song has any effect on undead, does the levels in this class stack with bard levels to determine bard song power etc...

July 15, 2009, 12:39:57 PM
Reply #1

I think it might have been one of the custom classes that was never finished. I don't think there is any information still around.
That is not dead which can eternal lie.
And with strange aeons even death may die.

July 16, 2009, 05:26:43 AM
Reply #2
    • View Profile

Much information is still in the tlk file (I think all entries for this class are there). I wold like to code this class, because it's very unique - I don't know any other Bard/Cleric combo. Scripting seems easy too - few extra songs and two feats.

July 16, 2009, 07:41:40 AM
Reply #3

*Shrug* If you want to. It's not exactly a niche that's been clamored for.

July 16, 2009, 01:04:17 PM
Reply #4
  • Associate
    • View Profile

Clamor!  Clamor!

Seriously, I think there my not have been much uproar over it before because a lot of people who play NWN aren't that familiar with the PNP game and therefore don't necessarily know that such classes exist in PNP.  To me a cleric-bard combination seems like a good addition to the PRC system.  Certainly it doesn't duplicate anything that is currently out there.

XWarren, I notice that you are digging around looking for interesting classes that got started and not quite finished.  Would you be interested in finishing Sublime Chord?  I  know it was in the last PRC release, but some features didn't work, and it has disappeared from this one.

Bards have a fair number of prestige class options, but what makes sublime chord potentially different is that it allows a bardic character to progress to 9th level spells, thereby becoming eligible to cast epic spells.  The other bardic prestige classes are pretty much music only, but sublime chord does both.  I would do it myself if I had any aptitude for this kind of thing at all.

Anyway, have a look if you get the chance and see if enough is done to interest you.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2009, 01:05:05 PM by Calirion »

July 16, 2009, 01:18:22 PM
Reply #5

This class doesn't exist in PnP. It's something a PRC fan made up years ago.

July 18, 2009, 01:07:26 AM
Reply #6
  • Associate
    • View Profile

Sublime chord?  I'm pretty sure I have seen online references to it outside the contextx of the PRC.  I'll check later as opportunity permits.

July 18, 2009, 02:15:09 AM
Reply #7
    • View Profile

I would really love to see Sublime Chord completed :)

I'm afraid I'm not an experienced coder :| and AFAIK there was no scripting done for this class. I think I could write scripts for it's special songs, but I'm not sure if my coding skills would let me add spell progression for this class.

I'll try, but can't promise anything...

July 18, 2009, 10:28:16 AM
Reply #8
  • Associate
    • View Profile

I appreciate the effort--which, in any case, is far more than I'm capable of doing.

I think that at least some of the special songs were already coded.  On the old forum there was clear evidence that some of them were working.  Unfortunately, the spell progression wasn't working.

With regard to Strat's comment about the class, I checked http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/lists/prc&tablesort=1, and the class is definitely listed as a real class.  The source book is given as CAr, but I'm not sure what the abbreviation means, but it is the same source as Suel arcanamach and Acolyte of the skin, both already part of the PRC.

July 18, 2009, 10:30:30 AM
Reply #9

I was talking about the Favoured of Milil, not the Sublime Chord. I know exactly where the Sublime Chord is from.

July 18, 2009, 02:44:22 PM
Reply #10
  • Associate
    • View Profile

Okay.  I should have known I was just misunderstanding you.

July 20, 2009, 06:43:56 AM
Reply #11
    • View Profile

Should the cure * divine songs heal allies and harm foes (when using ie Cure Light Wound on a foe it will deal positive energy damage - and divine songs function identical to spells, although can't apply touch attack with the song)?

I have almost all scripts now, but still have some work to do :)

*Also is there a way to check how many uses of bard song is left?
« Last Edit: July 20, 2009, 07:17:11 AM by xwarren »

July 20, 2009, 07:29:50 AM
Reply #12

Look at the Virtuoso class, it sort of checks, I think.

July 22, 2009, 05:20:02 AM
Reply #13
    • View Profile

I have finished the class :)

How does it looks:
- it's a class with 10 levels only (no epic)
- adds +1 divine caster level per level
- character gain 1 divine song on every odd level (max 5 songs total)
- song duration is based on spell duration (depends on divine caster level)
- DC of song is 10 + song level + WIS mod (for those few songs that have DC)
- I have removed requirement for Cleric (so Favoured Souls, Healers or other divine spellcasters can also get this class)

Any suggestions, should I change anything?

*I'm a bit disappointed by the class, it doesn't really advance any of bardic abilities.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2009, 05:56:22 AM by xwarren »

December 09, 2009, 08:22:54 PM
Reply #14
  • Adept
    • View Profile

So, did you have any luck with the Sublime Chord?