Player Resource Consortium

Author Topic: Lich help?  (Read 21336 times)

May 05, 2011, 03:32:44 PM
Reply #15
  • Adept
    • View Profile

Is there a way to place soul gems using the toolset?  I keep playing on custom mods where the prc craft lich items doesn't work for making soul gems (for some random reason).

So rather than always going into the dm client, or loading my char into a core mod, making the gems, and then loading back into my game every time I level up, I was hoping I could just make a one stop shop for the gems when I end up finding out I'm in a mod where I can't craft them.

May 05, 2011, 04:31:08 PM
Reply #16
    • View Profile

Quote from: Rev222

Is there a way to place soul gems using the toolset?  I keep playing on custom mods where the prc craft lich items doesn't work for making soul gems (for some random reason).

So rather than always going into the dm client, or loading my char into a core mod, making the gems, and then loading back into my game every time I level up, I was hoping I could just make a one stop shop for the gems when I end up finding out I'm in a mod where I can't craft them.

Place attached file in the hak above prc_misc.hak (prc_2das will be fine)

Now you will have soul gems in the magic item crafting materials shop (the one with blank scrolls and empty potion bottles) which is accessed from PRC Options menu, so you will always have access to soul gems ;p

Btw. IMHO the template is waaaay better :P

May 06, 2011, 01:27:09 AM
Reply #17
  • Adept
    • View Profile

Thanks for the help xwarren!

Not sure what you mean by template...if you mean the standard way using the prestige class and crafting, I agree, it's just a pain when it doesn't work with custom modules.  I've had some where I can't even make the phylactery, some where I can, but can't make soul gems, and some where I can do both.   Leads to some interesting difficulties when I'm lan-ing with my friends or my wife.

May 06, 2011, 02:34:28 AM
Reply #18
    • View Profile

Thanks for the help xwarren!

Not sure what you mean by template...if you mean the standard way using the prestige class and crafting, I agree, it's just a pain when it doesn't work with custom modules.  I've had some where I can't even make the phylactery, some where I can, but can't make soul gems, and some where I can do both.   Leads to some interesting difficulties when I'm lan-ing with my friends or my wife.

There is a lich/demilich template in PRC. How to apply it? Use PRC Options feat and in the conversation select 'Gain template' option. Of course there are some requirements you have to meet in order to gain template.
For example in case of lich:
- your character has to be evil (exception: dread necromancer can be neutral or evil)
- 11+ caster level in arcane or divine class
- craft wondrous item feat
- any humanoid race

For demi-lich same as above but 21 caster levels.

Template is better in that you don't have to trade class level for levels in lich class (so it's 10 more caster levels ;) )

Now about the file I posted above (you haven't downloaded it yet ;p )
- download it
- extract it somewhere
- use nwhak to open ie. prc_2das.hak and drag&drop the file in that hak, save the hak
- now you should be able to buy soul gems from PRC shop ;)
    - use PRC Options feat
    - in the conversation select 'Purchase ....' something, don't remember now
    - in the next stage select 'crafting item raw materials' - soul gems should be in the shop that pops-up after you select that option.

May 06, 2011, 12:28:20 PM
Reply #19
  • Adept
    • View Profile

Sweet, 10 more caster levels would be very nice.  I'll definitely be checking that out.  :-)  

Does it still count as one of your 3 classes?  Or does it act more like a change in race?

i.e., could you go Wiz 3/Cle 3/Mystic Theurge 8 and then add the lich template?

May 06, 2011, 01:30:19 PM
Reply #20
    • View Profile

Sweet, 10 more caster levels would be very nice.  I'll definitely be checking that out.  :-)  

Does it still count as one of your 3 classes?  Or does it act more like a change in race?

i.e., could you go Wiz 3/Cle 3/Mystic Theurge 8 and then add the lich template?

The template doesn't count as a class, so yes, you could go wiz/cler/myscit therurge and apply lich template.

June 20, 2011, 09:25:59 PM
Reply #21

X,

It looks like the template does not add Prac Caster levels.

Re: Lich template, "humanoid" race is a little too general. Are there certain racial types (i.e. Outsiders, etc) that do not qualify for the lich, demilich templates?
Fermi was a Pyrokineticist

June 21, 2011, 12:58:51 AM
Reply #22
    • View Profile

Races considered humanoids in PRC:
[ulist=disc]dwarf
elf
gnome
halfling
human
orc
half-elf
half-orc
reptilian
goblinoid
monstrous humanoid[/ulist]

(dwarf means bioware dwarf + all races with dwarven feat)

Could you explain that Practiced Spellcaster problem? After adding the template you no longer get bonus from that feat?

June 21, 2011, 09:24:58 PM
Reply #23

Took an L20 Sor w/ Prac Cast, evil and Craft WI and the Lich template was not available. I de-leveled another class, then added 1 Sor and the template was there.

L17 + PCaster worked for the Lich class. It didn't look like the template factored in Prac Caster effective levels.

June 22, 2011, 02:37:35 AM
Reply #24
    • View Profile

I've just checked the scripts - they check for raw caster level (base class + PrC) and doesn't count feats (so no practiced spellcasting, spell power etc).

July 24, 2011, 03:37:11 PM
Reply #25

Re: Soul Gems

Using the dm_spawnitem will work as long as the Soul Gems in the toolset has Trap the Soul queued. If the gems will not load in the quickslots like mine, you have to mod the item using the toolset.

Open the module via toolset:

Click on Items->Custom->Special->Custom 2 (may be 1 or 3 in your version) -> Soul Gem -> Edit or Edit Copy -> Properties -> Add Cast Spell -> Trap the Soul -> 1 Use / day

Save the module

Open a new game with the saved module and load your template demilich .bic.

Dm_spawnitem Soul Gem (or whatever name you gave i.e. Soul Gem 1)

Take the souls of the uber-class (monks!) 8)