Player Resource Consortium

Author Topic: Creature Weapon Help  (Read 4984 times)

July 09, 2009, 12:26:41 AM
  • Adept
    • View Profile

Alright, I'v encountered this problem a couple times when loading a new character with a race that has a creature weapon, and when trying to take the Draconic Claw Feat. Each time, the creature weapon appears in my inventory (I'm not positive it did so with the Drac Claw Feat, as I did not have a chance to check) but then disappears. I'm left with a Item Lost message. As I explained elsewhere, the Drac. Claw feat also returned a messege that I did not have the proficiency to equip that item, but for loading races with creature weapons they merely disappear after loading the character into the module.

Any suggestions as to why, and what I can do to fix this?
"It is one of those lessons that every child should learn: Don't play with fire, sharp objects, or ancient artifacts." -Wardwick Hurog

July 13, 2009, 12:58:20 PM
Reply #1

This will be fixed next release. If you want to fix it before then, open baseitems.2da, look for the creature weapon rows, and change required feat to ****
That is not dead which can eternal lie.
And with strange aeons even death may die.

July 23, 2009, 03:51:29 PM
Reply #2
  • Adept
    • View Profile

Alright, I assume the file in question is located in the prc_2da.hak file, but how do I extract its contents to change the baseitems.2da? I'm looking around trying to find a tool or program to do this, any suggestions?
"It is one of those lessons that every child should learn: Don't play with fire, sharp objects, or ancient artifacts." -Wardwick Hurog

July 23, 2009, 03:57:56 PM
Reply #3

nwhak.exe NWN/utils folder.

July 25, 2009, 03:16:54 PM
Reply #4
  • Adept
    • View Profile

Alight, so oddly enough the required feats for the assorted creature weapon rows are alrady listed as ****. I guess I'll just have to wait patiently for the next prc update.

July 25, 2009, 03:45:10 PM
Reply #5

If you were playing a saved game, you probably aren't using the latest PRC.

July 25, 2009, 05:01:45 PM
Reply #6
  • Adept
    • View Profile

I actually just figured out the problem was not in the baseitem.2da in the prc_2da.hak but in my prc_cep merge file. Problem solved, hopefully. I have yest to test it. *crosses fingers*