Player Resource Consortium

Author Topic: Character creator issues  (Read 4245 times)

August 10, 2009, 04:24:19 PM
  • Adept
    • View Profile

I am having some issues with the java character creator, mainly the fact when I get to the portrait stage of character creation it says I have no portraits in the directory even though there is clearly portraits in the game when I open it up as normal. Is this a glitch? Or is it just because I have to add my own portraits rather then use the default bioware ones. If the second, how exactly to you get said portraits in the game?

August 10, 2009, 07:25:27 PM
Reply #1

Try unchecking lock to race and lock to gender
That is not dead which can eternal lie.
And with strange aeons even death may die.

August 10, 2009, 08:05:37 PM
Reply #2
  • Adept
    • View Profile

How do you do that? I am kinda dumb when it comes to scrpting/coding, so please can you explain how to do that as if you where speaking to somebody who knows nothing about how to script/code?

August 10, 2009, 09:36:27 PM
Reply #3

It's a checkbox
That is not dead which can eternal lie.
And with strange aeons even death may die.

August 11, 2009, 05:51:15 PM
Reply #4
  • Associate
    • View Profile

I'm not sure, but I seem to remember a thread on one of the old boards that suggested that, depending on which version of the game you installed origianlly, you might get the standard portraits without the software having actually created the separate folder that the cc looks for.  Check your NWN folder to make sure that there actually is a portrait folder in it.

If you find that one is not there, simply create it.  Then download the standard portrait pack from the vault and install the portraits to the folder you created.  That will give the CC access.

This may not be your problem, but I know the problem exists sometimes, so it is worth checking.