Player Resource Consortium

Author Topic: Spell/Powers/Invocations/ETC Reset  (Read 5087 times)

August 15, 2009, 06:27:59 PM
  • Adept
    • View Profile

A few of us have been playing using the PRC over multiplayer, and we are now clawing our faces in frustration.

Every time we join a game, or have to rejoin a game with our saved characters, we have to rechoose EVERY ONE of our spells/powers/etc, which also includes having to take forever to replace them in our hotbars. It's driving us all mad. We really want to use these new classes, as we all love the insane amount of variation the PRC has provided. We don't use the CEP, so haven't had to bother with the merge.

It's getting silly. How can we fix it?

The process we all went through was:

Install the game, patch to 1.69, patch all campaigns with the PRC, set the CC up, make a character, play.

Also, we've noticed that when we make a character, in game they're supposedly a Barb with 100+ stats xD That fixes in game though, but we can't stand having to reset everything. It's especially maddening when our connections drop (One of our mates is over the other side of our country) and we have to reselect everything.

I've been a Psion, my brother has been a Warmage. We have a feeling this will happen to all of our mage based classes.

If it helps, I was an Illithid Psion with insane int to begin with. He was a pixie I think.

Cheers :D

Edit: Oh, also, just remembered. My brother (The Warmage) had an issue where he kept having to set his offensive spells back up every time he rested (In the hotbar)
« Last Edit: August 15, 2009, 06:31:57 PM by Tyroki »

August 16, 2009, 02:43:02 AM
Reply #1
    • View Profile

Please check if your module is using any scripts that remove/clean PC skin.

*fixed cleaning skin on rest
« Last Edit: August 16, 2009, 08:47:17 AM by xwarren »

August 16, 2009, 07:16:22 AM
Reply #2

Well, it *is* using something to clean the skin if you have to repick every time you log in. That's exactly what causes that behavior. From the sound of it, it's doing the same thing on rest as well. Although the one on rest is probably a clean of the hide and the one on login deletes it.
That is not dead which can eternal lie.
And with strange aeons even death may die.

August 16, 2009, 08:38:16 PM
Reply #3
  • Adept
    • View Profile

How do you stop the module from doing that? We're trying to play the original NWN campaigns, as we haven't done them in ages and don't have any others to play with :(

Could it merely be because we're trying to play the original campaigns? Is there a way to modify them (I'm a noob when it comes to that) to stop them cleaning up?

August 17, 2009, 05:06:31 AM
Reply #4
    • View Profile

Do you have the same problems in Single Player?

Have you installed prc_ocfix?

*make sure that ItemLevelRestrictions are disabled for server
« Last Edit: August 17, 2009, 06:43:16 AM by xwarren »

August 17, 2009, 07:46:41 AM
Reply #5

You also need ELC turned off as well.
That is not dead which can eternal lie.
And with strange aeons even death may die.

August 18, 2009, 12:56:10 AM
Reply #6
  • Adept
    • View Profile

That about did it. We didn't actually notice that option was on.

Sorry :(