Player Resource Consortium

Author Topic: PRC .SQL File - Updated  (Read 6775 times)

August 17, 2009, 07:01:05 PM

Hello Everyone,

Right now I am loading .SQL file generated by the precatcher in to a mySQL database.

I have two questions is the file being 66MB normal and how long does the loading precess normally take?

Its been going on for about 30 minutes so far and is still adding all the baseitem entries. Which is about the first 5% of the text file. At this rate its going to take 20+ hours to be done.

Edit: I'm using MySQL 5.1
« Last Edit: August 17, 2009, 09:13:57 PM by KenquinnTheInsaneOne »

August 17, 2009, 07:09:48 PM
Reply #1
  • Adept
    • View Profile
    • www.soulsoft.com.br/to3h

the pre cacher is really slow the best way is get the prc server pack and make the out.sql by him and use the insert  by command line on mysql instead use any front ends

in the prc server pack manual have the documentation with the  how to to use te mysql in command line to add the out sql to the database
My servers:

badlands PRC  direct connect:  to3h.redirectme.net

to3h pw : http://www.soulsoft.com.br/to3h/

pindorama educational project nwn : http://projetopindorama.blogspot.com/

August 17, 2009, 07:52:54 PM
Reply #2

It still takes a really long time to load it in, at least on my older system.  A friend just told me yesterday that it's possible to "connect" multiple MySQL installations so that you can use more than one PC to work on a single thing, but I haven't looked into it yet.
HEATSTROKE

August 17, 2009, 08:29:18 PM
Reply #3
  • Jr. Associate
    • View Profile
    • http://deepingdale.proboards.com/index.cgi?

takes me about 4-7 hours I havnt watched it in awhile I tend to do it then go to bed.

August 17, 2009, 08:37:35 PM
Reply #4

Edit:Last line of the out.sql file is the following and I think its where it is getting stuck as its the second point where prc_cached2da_item_to_ireq appears in the file.

Edit: I think I found the reason its getting the cant find table error its because there is no CREATE TABLE "prc_cached2da_item_to_ireq" line.

Code: [Select]
CREATE UNIQUE INDEX `refrindex`       ON `prc_cached2da_item_to_ireq` (`L_RESREF`, `rowid`);

Quote from: rafhot

the pre cacher is really slow the best way is get the prc server pack and make the out.sql by him and use the insert  by command line on mysql instead use any front ends

in the prc server pack manual have the documentation with the  how to to use te mysql in command line to add the out sql to the database
I just made the out.sql but I'm using a SQL frong end to load it to the DB will try using the command line instead.

Edit: Took me a bit to figure out how to do it from the mysql.exe command line as I used the zip install.

/. out.sql
I used that ran for 45 seconds and got a table does not exist error. Which makes no sense as I am trying to make new tables.

prc_catced2da_item_to_ireq does not exist

[Edit: I have a E6600 core 2 duo @2.4 GHz

I am going to do a fresh install of 3.3f

Fresh install of 3.3f did not fix the error looking at the out.sql file[/i]
« Last Edit: August 17, 2009, 09:13:17 PM by KenquinnTheInsaneOne »

August 18, 2009, 02:48:37 PM
Reply #5

I removed the two mentions of prc_cached2da_item_to_ireq from the out.sql file to get rid of the error and the PRC test module seems to be working perfectly now.

Now the question I have is the prc_cached2da_item_to_ireq needed and if it is can someone tell me what variables I need to set up in the prc_cached2da_item_to_ireq table?

August 18, 2009, 04:57:18 PM
Reply #6

That file was taken out a while ago.
That is not dead which can eternal lie.
And with strange aeons even death may die.

August 18, 2009, 06:42:57 PM
Reply #7

Quote from: Stratovarius

That file was taken out a while ago.
I wonder why it was added to the out.SQL file then

August 18, 2009, 10:50:04 PM
Reply #8

Because the out file was written before that was removed.
That is not dead which can eternal lie.
And with strange aeons even death may die.