Player Resource Consortium

Author Topic: PRC + RDG?  (Read 6611 times)

August 20, 2009, 05:37:17 AM
  • Adept
    • View Profile

Does the PRC 3.3 work with the Random Dungeon Generator 9?

Also, some modules don't work with the PRC. I'm guessing this is because of other hak paks? How can I make it so they merge? I REFUSE to play without my psion now =D

Added extra: <3 Psionics. So glad it's in the PRC.

Edit: Will it work with Infinite Dungeons? I need an answer to both questions, cause chances are, my mates won't be able to get ID.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2009, 06:22:52 AM by Tyroki »

August 20, 2009, 06:38:24 AM
Reply #1

Quote from: Tyroki

Does the PRC 3.3 work with the Random Dungeon Generator 9?

Also, some modules don't work with the PRC. I'm guessing this is because of other hak paks? How can I make it so they merge? I REFUSE to play without my psion now =D

Added extra: <3 Psionics. So glad it's in the PRC.

Edit: Will it work with Infinite Dungeons? I need an answer to both questions, cause chances are, my mates won't be able to get ID.

Infinite Dungeons is encrypted like the rest of the Premium modules.  You can't add anything to it unless it's via the override folder.
HEATSTROKE

August 20, 2009, 08:01:22 PM
Reply #2
  • Adept
    • View Profile

Okay.

Still, that doesn't answer the first question then. That takes ID off the table. How can we get the PRC working with the RDG9?

August 20, 2009, 09:34:43 PM
Reply #3

What errors are you getting?
That is not dead which can eternal lie.
And with strange aeons even death may die.

August 20, 2009, 10:38:29 PM
Reply #4
  • Adept
    • View Profile

Invalid Character - Player Login Refused.
                    Bad Strref

Enforce Legal Characters is off (learned from that one LAST time)

I'm trying to play my Psion, but in game it's a Barbarian with that name (Of course, my Psion doesn't ACTUALLY have that name)

I'm using the latest PRC, and trying to use RDG9f which I installed using the installer exe which is RDG9f.exe

August 21, 2009, 02:46:39 AM
Reply #5
    • View Profile

Have you installed PRC to that mod? :P

Seriously, this kind of error indicates that PRC is not installed correctly, or not installed at all!

Install fresh copy of RDG and use module updater to update RDG9F with PRC Pack. It will ask you to overwrite some files, and than create a merge hak.

I did that and had no problems with entering the module with my psion/thrallherd character.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2009, 02:50:52 AM by xwarren »

August 21, 2009, 04:08:45 AM
Reply #6
  • Adept
    • View Profile

That fixed that.

In game: PC Skin Lost

Now the character stops every step or two. >.>; Even using wsad

Edit: It's odd. Any pre-gen characters work, and any CC character I'd already made work, but new characters are refusing to o.O

Edit 2: As I walk, the stop skill icon comes up in the top left everytime I stop. I can't make a new character without this happening now.

Edit 3: Wow, it actually stops me from casting too o.O
« Last Edit: August 21, 2009, 06:08:53 AM by Tyroki »