Player Resource Consortium

Author Topic: Question on Psion multiclassing  (Read 3511 times)

September 24, 2015, 09:55:50 PM
  • Adept
    • View Profile

Hey all, although I play NWN a lot, I've never actually played D&D 3.0 or 3.5. So, I have a question of how Psion multiclassing works. I want my Psion to be able to go into melee every now and then so I plan to take a few levels in fighter. However, I am not sure how that works with the Power Points in PRC. Say I have a 5 Fighter, 20 Psion. Would he have 343 PP as per a level 20 Psion or would he have 195 PP as per a level 15 Psion? I read somewhere that PP stops growing as soon as you hit level 20 so I was wondering if that is level 20 Psion or level 20 overall.

Thanks

September 27, 2015, 11:47:34 PM
Reply #1

It's not like BAB. Base class pp gain stops at manifester class L20, not char L20.

You'd get the 343 for class L20 Psion. Also get the bonus pp per: http://www.d20srd.org/srd/psionic/classes/index.htm#abilitiesAndManifesters

One things that's BS is the bonus pp table is limited to L20 and it should not. WotC geniuses just couldn't count any higher.

If you sweet talk some coders into making the 'Flayer Slayer,' you won't have to waste levels on a non-manifester class.  8)
Fermi was a Pyrokineticist

September 30, 2015, 01:32:18 AM
Reply #2

I believe a flayer slayer is going to be included in the next update. I'm all for it.