Player Resource Consortium

Author Topic: Flow chart  (Read 4928 times)

July 15, 2009, 01:19:59 AM

Well done on still be active!!

Anyone ever workout a flow chart with all the PRC functions?

I asked a few years ago, and the answer was no.

(Basically I know write a simple c++ program to recursively search though the text files for function prototypes and, but that one of those things that would the part of a day or more to code, maybe two to debug, and something I'd rather be lazy about!)

I ask because I'm being super OCD and about a bug with the spell 'Tomb of Light' in ?PRC 3.3G RC1?. Basically it stops short of actually doing anything.

if((GetAlignmentGoodEvil(oTarget) == ALIGNMENT_EVIL) && (MyPRCGetRacialType(oTarget) == RACIAL_TYPE_OUTSIDER))

I think the problem with 'Tomb of Light' is that it '==' a constant value, 'ALIGNMENT_EVIL'(15?). So when something is not exactly that constant value, even though it may still be evil,  the code is skipping out. I ask because I'm trying to made a rod with with 'unique' powers to test 'stuff', but it's not working.

So I'm having to slog though huge sums of unwieldy code(btw, good job on PRC, but you really need to do a code review! Badly) to find where PRC funnels a modules 'OnActivate' event.

...So...

...Flow chart?

July 15, 2009, 07:49:02 AM
Reply #1

Nope, still no flow chart. And that code should work fine, I doubt that is the exact cutout point.
That is not dead which can eternal lie.
And with strange aeons even death may die.

July 15, 2009, 07:49:51 AM
Reply #2

Doxygen and Doxy-Wizard to the rescue. I configured it to include .nss files. (Word of advice if you like a little thing called time don't add the .2da files, or at the least don't include spells.2da)

Big hug to whomever uses the Doxygen tags in their source notes!

May I suggest you splice or use a Doxygen HTML generated page into the standard PRC Manuel, it would make thing easier for many I think. Look what I got with the default options plus telling to to include '*.nss' in the extracted hak files. Surely makes navigating the source mush easier. That's not even half of what Doxygen can do with a little TLC.

Edit: Not seeing the attachment, or error, trying to attach it one more time. Failing that I'll go see what it takes for NWN vault.

Edit2:http:// http://nwvault.ign.com/View.php?view=Other.Detail&id=185067&id=1415
« Last Edit: July 15, 2009, 02:14:15 PM by PantheraLeo »

August 27, 2009, 05:07:55 PM
Reply #3

*raises dead*

Making call graphs of the prc makes coders cry*

*and maybe even baby jesus too

August 28, 2009, 08:32:38 AM
Reply #4

Yeah, that's why we don't use Doxygen.
That is not dead which can eternal lie.
And with strange aeons even death may die.