Player Resource Consortium

Author Topic: RESOLVED: NWN HotU 1.69 and PRC 3.3g - CRASH  (Read 3935 times)

September 02, 2009, 02:50:02 AM

EDIT: Nevermind, it seems my ass of a brother put some crud in to the override folder without me noticing (I could swear it was empty when I looked at it before I made this thread though. O.o)
I recently installed PRC 3.3g via the .exe installer and now my NWN crashes whenever I try to play the Original Campaign or HotU (I haven't tried with SoU yet, but I'm guessing the result is going to be the same)

The steps I took:
Ran the installer
Ran the updater via the start menu and selected "PRC Pack" and installed it to the three campaigns
Ran the updater via the start menu and selected "prc_ocfix" and installed it to the three compaigns
Downloaded the character maker
Make a character
Ran NWN
Loaded the campaign
Selected the character (which did have Ninja and Aasimar on the character sheet)
Started the game
Glared daggers at the screen as the crash occured (and still does)

Whenever I got past the opening cinematic I get the "Neverwinter Nights has encountered a problem and needs to close." pop up box. This happens on the character I made after I installed the PRC and the ones I installed before the PRC. I'm not sure why this is happening, because as far as I can tell I've followed the correct proceedure to install the PRC .. then again, I'm not a wiz with computers.

I'm currently running:
NWN HotU 1.69 with no overrides but a few custom portraits
PRC 3.3g
Windows XP - MCE - SP3

So, before I try to manually install the PRC in to a copy of the module back ups I have, are there any suggestions, cause I really like the look of this pack, but I just cant get it to work. =[

EDIT: Nevermind, it seems my ass of a brother put some crud in to the override folder without me noticing (I could swear it was empty when I looked at it before I made this thread though. O.o)
« Last Edit: September 02, 2009, 03:08:50 AM by dajahester121 »