Player Resource Consortium

Author Topic: cohorts problem  (Read 5164 times)

September 18, 2009, 01:01:11 PM
  • Adept
    • View Profile

Hi. I have 2 questions about cohorts. Actually one question and one problem. The question is: is there a way to have more the one cohort?
And the problem is: I created warforged fighter as a cohort, but when i summoned him he lost his plating. How can i Get it back?

September 18, 2009, 01:59:06 PM
Reply #1

Quote from: romper

Hi. I have 2 questions about cohorts. Actually one question and one problem. The question is: is there a way to have more the one cohort?

Yes.

http://www.nwnprc.com//nwn/english/content/epic_feats/4367.html

And the problem is: I created warforged fighter as a cohort, but when i summoned him he lost his plating. How can i Get it back?

That sounds like it might be a bug.
HEATSTROKE

September 18, 2009, 05:52:19 PM
Reply #2
  • Associate
    • View Profile

Explore the switches also.  There used to be a switch that enabled you to summon more than one cohort from the ordinary leadership feat, though you would have to rest in between.

The other point fascinates me.  Last times I have tried, I couldn't summon a cohort with any of the new races added after PRC 2.2, and I didn't think anyone had worked on the leadership feat since then, but evidently someone has, or else one of the other changes somehow affected leadership.  I'll have to take a look at it again.

September 19, 2009, 10:10:25 AM
Reply #3

Quote from: Calirion

Explore the switches also.  There used to be a switch that enabled you to summon more than one cohort from the ordinary leadership feat, though you would have to rest in between.

The other point fascinates me.  Last times I have tried, I couldn't summon a cohort with any of the new races added after PRC 2.2, and I didn't think anyone had worked on the leadership feat since then, but evidently someone has, or else one of the other changes somehow affected leadership.  I'll have to take a look at it again.

There's 2 systems for cohort types of abilities. One is Primo's cohort system, which was last worked on when primo was around and is used for leadership. The other is the one used for the thrallherd and some other classes, but I have no idea which ones.

September 19, 2009, 11:27:45 AM
Reply #4
  • Adept
    • View Profile

Hi. Everything works fine now, all i had to do was rest, and even plating returned. Thanks for replys.

September 20, 2009, 03:52:57 PM
Reply #5
  • Adept
    • View Profile

Sorry for bothering, but i have another question (which even may not belong to this forum). I am playing original campaign and i can summon
how many cohorts i like but when I reload the game  they disapear leaving only the first summoned, and  there is a message that I cant have more then one henchman at time. So cohort count as regular henchman? Is there a way to somehow override this setting? Again sorry if this question don't belong here.

September 21, 2009, 08:37:25 AM
Reply #6

Sorry for bothering, but i have another question (which even may not belong to this forum). I am playing original campaign and i can summon
how many cohorts i like but when I reload the game  they disapear leaving only the first summoned, and  there is a message that I cant have more then one henchman at time. So cohort count as regular henchman? Is there a way to somehow override this setting? Again sorry if this question don't belong here.

You should be able to just resummon them. The maximum number of party members for a module is set using SetMaxHenchmen(), so you can probably just add it to the module's load script. Though there might be some script that then changes it back to 1 :(