Player Resource Consortium

Author Topic: PRC and Endless Nights 3  (Read 3897 times)

September 09, 2009, 12:40:37 AM
  • Adept
    • View Profile

Before anyone asks, I'm using EN3 because it's the newest version that doesn't require the CEP. I don't have room for the CEP even if I wanted it.

So, I start as a Mystic, and scroll up in the chat log at the bottom to see what random event I started with. Half-celestial, sounds pretty cool. By which I mean "prone to making me slaughter everything messily". I open the inventory to put my clothes on, and...

What's this Character Properties doing there? And where are all my sweet bonuses? On the Character Properties item? That's not even supposed to be an item!

So, in non-story format, apparently there's a slight incompatibility issue with PRC and EN3.  I guess that's the "creature hide" I've seen mentioned. How could I go about fixing this?

EDIT: Having scrolled through the EN3 comments, this appears to be the only PRC/EN3 issue, so at least it's nothing game-killing.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2009, 12:48:00 AM by Thexare »

September 09, 2009, 03:22:08 AM
Reply #1
    • View Profile

The module will add all the bonuses as an IP's on new PC Skin, instead of adding them to already existing one.  Even if it did add it to old skin, they would be removed on rest or level up by PRC scripts.

If you don't want to do complicated scripting - start a new game and pray for non-skin-properties related event. Than you can add Half-Celestial template form PRC. Go to PRC Options menu, select Gain Template and choose Half-Celestial. (Templates that do work are: Celestial, Half-Celestial, Fiendish and Necropolitan. Half-Fiendish and Lich are partially done)

September 09, 2009, 04:00:41 PM
Reply #2
  • Associate
    • View Profile

Interesting!  It was my understanding that EN3 hasn't reallly worked correctly since about NWN 1.62.  I had heard there was a problem with the treasure scripts for example.  I also know from experience that faction problems develop at some point, so I was never actually able to finish a game.  (When the merchants turn hostile, you are sunk--no more healing potions.)

Let us know how your experience works.  I haven't been playing EN3, with or without the PRC, in a long time because of problems I thought were unavoidable.

September 10, 2009, 11:07:20 PM
Reply #3
  • Adept
    • View Profile

Well, other than the above-mentioned oddity, I didn't have any issues.

Made it to Dread Necromancer 9 without any problems, short of nearly getting petrified 49 times before finally getting petrified the 50th time.

Well, there was one issue, don't know if that was module specific though... Off to the Bugs forum.