Player Resource Consortium

Author Topic: Persistent Nymph Model  (Read 4689 times)

October 05, 2009, 05:46:22 AM

Hi.

While enjoying PRC 3.3G, I've encountered something strange (well, for me).
I searched the forum, but found no relevant topic.

Any Nymph character that I create is using standard Nymph model, despite what I selected during character creation or set through "SetAppearance" command in game (in that case it revert back after change of armor).
I tried changing race to other ones while keeping everything else the same (class/abilities/starting module, etc) - model is changing accordingly to the "Appearance" setting in CharacterCreator.
I tried several various combinations, but every time I select Nymph as race, this problem(?) occurs.

Is it bug or is it designed that way?
Can I fix/change it somehow?

October 05, 2009, 02:35:18 PM
Reply #1

Quote from: Question

Hi.

While enjoying PRC 3.3G, I've encountered something strange (well, for me).
I searched the forum, but found no relevant topic.

Any Nymph character that I create is using standard Nymph model, despite what I selected during character creation or set through "SetAppearance" command in game (in that case it revert back after change of armor).
I tried changing race to other ones while keeping everything else the same (class/abilities/starting module, etc) - model is changing accordingly to the "Appearance" setting in CharacterCreator.
I tried several various combinations, but every time I select Nymph as race, this problem(?) occurs.

Is it bug or is it designed that way?
Can I fix/change it somehow?

That is somewhat odd, since the Nymph should be set too have the female elf model, by default, even though you can change it at character creation.

October 05, 2009, 10:18:46 PM
Reply #2
  • Jr. Associate
    • View Profile

Yeah, in fact I even made a nymph using 3.3G a few weeks ago and after being disappointed that it didn't have the nymph appearance I checked the 2da's... and verified that its default is elf.

October 05, 2009, 11:01:41 PM
Reply #3

Strange.
In the attached image is the actions I did and the Nymph model that I got.
Edit: Eh, it seems that forum didn't liked the size of my image, so I had to store it in other place:

Probably something somewhere I did wrong. But what?
Is there are something I can try (modifying something in the .2da files? something else?)?

Or should I try and reinstall everything?
« Last Edit: October 05, 2009, 11:07:01 PM by Question »

October 05, 2009, 11:28:13 PM
Reply #4
  • Jr. Associate
    • View Profile

Sex should be female. Not sure but I think I read somewhere that if it's not the appearance will be forced on you. Sorry, I didn't remember about that before.

edit: Might I also suggest installing a hands override (1, 2)? Seeing screenshots without it is jarring.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2009, 11:37:55 PM by N-S »

October 06, 2009, 01:02:23 AM
Reply #5

Thank you, N-S :D!
Sex should be female.

This was the case, yes. During my tests I tried other genders, but somehow totally forgot about female.
Might I also suggest installing a hands override?

Thanks, looks very nice indeed.