Player Resource Consortium

Author Topic: Problem accessing PRC SVN  (Read 5070 times)

October 27, 2009, 06:28:26 AM
  • Adept
    • View Profile

Hello,

I thought I would try downloading the PRC SVN files and possibly playing around with them to get a better understanding of how the PRC works.  

I tried to follow the instructions on http://www.nwnprc.com/articles.php?article_id=19 but have run into a problem.

After the download process completed on, I think, Revision 80, I had a total size on disk of 570 MB and no nwnprc folder.

Since the description indicated that it should be around 750 MB and should have a nwnprc folder, I figure I screwed up.  Not sure how, seemed like a very straightforward process, right up to the point at which it didn't work.  

If anyone has insight into what I did wrong and would be willing to share it I would appreciate it.

Yllidor

October 28, 2009, 01:18:06 AM
Reply #1
  • Jr. Associate
    • View Profile

I think the instructions meant to have you create a directory named nwnprc, to use with TortoiseSVN. It doesn't matter what it's called, so just rename what you have.

October 28, 2009, 01:44:18 AM
Reply #2
  • Adept
    • View Profile

Thank you N-S, that seems to have done the trick.  I was sure I was missing something obvious, but wasn't sure what.  It is presently compiling as I type this.  

Cheers

Edit #1: Drat.

Compilation aborted.

prc_pnp_fam_conv.nss (42): Error: Undeclared Identifier "PRC_PNP_Familiars"
prc_pnp_fam_conv.nss (42): Error: Undeclared Identifier "GetPRCswitch"
Compilation aborted
NMAKE: fatal error U1077: '"tools\nwnnsscomp"' return code 0x1

where would I look up "fatal error U1077" ?
« Last Edit: October 28, 2009, 02:30:18 AM by Yllidor »

October 28, 2009, 04:54:42 AM
Reply #3
    • View Profile

Update, and try to compile again...

October 28, 2009, 07:41:41 PM
Reply #4
  • Adept
    • View Profile

Well, partial success, and thanks for that XWarren.  I updated to Revision 81 and got past my last stopping point.  However, I have now had a new problem.  

Generating scrolls, scrollmerchant and updating des_crft_scroll.2da and des_crft_spells.2da
Exception in thread "Main" java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Nonexistent file passed to Data_TLK: tlk\dialog.tlk
     at prc.autodoc.Data_TLK.(init)(Data_TLK.java:32)
     at prc.autodoc.Main$TLKStore.(init)(Main.java:57)
     at prc.utils.BuildScrollHack.main(BuildScrollHack.java:60)
     at prc.Main.main(Main.java:110)
NMAKE : fatal error U1077: 'java' : return code '0x1'
Stop

I tried updating again, but there does not appear to have been an update since my last effort (no files get updated, still Revision 81).  Recompiling fails with the first attempted compilation being this error message (makes sense given that there have been no updates and the system only attempts to recompile things that have changed since the last time).  

Anyways, I will periodically check for updates and for any comments posted here and see what happens.

Yllidor

October 28, 2009, 10:07:45 PM
Reply #5
  • Jr. Associate
    • View Profile

From the instructions (easy to miss):
* copy dialog.tlk from your NWN install to nwnprc/tlk/

October 29, 2009, 12:19:22 AM
Reply #6
  • Adept
    • View Profile

Thank you N-S, I had, in fact, noticed the directions, but had managed to copy the wrong tlk file.  Having now copied the Dialog.tlk over to the nwnprc/tlk folder of my Tortoise it all went smoothly from there on.  Thanks to you and XWarren for helping me out here.  

Now I can take a look at some of the scripts and such and get more of a feel for the PRC.  I have, at the moment, nothing specific I will try to implement, but maybe in browsing I will come up with an idea for something to implement, if only as an experiment.  

Cheers,

Yllidor