Player Resource Consortium

Author Topic: Shifter and Improved Critical: Creature Weapon  (Read 3218 times)

November 02, 2009, 12:43:16 AM
  • Adept
    • View Profile

Well, I was playing around with a Shifter and had him take the Improved Critical: Creature Weapon feat.

Nothing appears to benefit from this feat.  Not even my unarmed form in my True Form.  Never mind any of the shapes I can Greater Wild Shape into.  Nothing appears to have had its critical threat range increased.  Is the feat active?  Is there something else that needs to be done to activate it?  

Just curious.  It looks like I should reassign IC: Creature Weapon to be some other feat as IC: Creature Weapon does not appear to be working.

Yllidor

November 02, 2009, 10:06:00 AM
Reply #1
  • Developer
    • View Profile

Quote from: Yllidor

Well, I was playing around with a Shifter and had him take the Improved Critical: Creature Weapon feat.

Nothing appears to benefit from this feat.  Not even my unarmed form in my True Form.  Never mind any of the shapes I can Greater Wild Shape into.  Nothing appears to have had its critical threat range increased.  Is the feat active?  Is there something else that needs to be done to activate it?  

Just curious.  It looks like I should reassign IC: Creature Weapon to be some other feat as IC: Creature Weapon does not appear to be working.

Yllidor

I think what you actually want is Improved Critical (unarmed strike). This works both when fighting unarmed in your true form and also when fighting in shifted form with creature weapons.

November 02, 2009, 07:04:00 PM
Reply #2
  • Adept
    • View Profile

Thanks CapnQ, I appreciate the information.  I will switch to Improved Critical: Unarmed Strike for future reference.