Player Resource Consortium

Author Topic: Little Big Help  (Read 10106 times)

November 19, 2009, 08:49:18 AM
  • Jr. Associate
    • View Profile

Hi, i'm an italian admin. We have a little-big problem^^

1 - My Pw uses Cep 2.1, Prc 3.2 and some other custom contents. They do not conflict each other cause i use only cep core haks and Fluffy has helped me a lot some months ago. My problem is not the conflict.
All is ok about the custom content cause i've tested for some months.

2 - I've cancelled the hif files from my hak folder
3 - I don't use a DB, i use some scripts to avoid the use of a DB.
4 - Prc class and spells seem to work normally and well.

5 - I've a problem with epic spells. It's not so important but epic spells is an important part of the Prc Itself and we would like to entertain also with that part!^_^(that is wonderful)

6 - The problem is that in single player, when i try the epic spells method (i've read the section on the manual, about the variable, i've setted it to 1)
i have not the radial menu option for Replenish Spell and i've not a dialog

November 19, 2009, 10:13:36 AM
Reply #1
    • View Profile

The manual is outdated!

The epic laboratory was removed form PRC a few versions ago (how can it work perfectly?).

The 'replenish spell slots' feat was also removed. You can find the same functionality in 'PRC Options' menu.

November 19, 2009, 10:17:47 AM
Reply #2

I'll be doing some updating of the outdated static pages for the manual.  This is on my "to-do" list, but I haven't gotten it finished yet...  I'll try to get this taken care of asap.

November 19, 2009, 10:23:06 AM
Reply #3
  • Jr. Associate
    • View Profile

Ok guys, excuse me! I could not imagine this, no problem!!
Your work is simply great and huge! It's normal that something is not in date!

Byez^^

November 19, 2009, 03:31:18 PM
Reply #4
  • Jr. Associate
    • View Profile

Is there a way to manage the options? Is there a way for example to limit the seed available in the dialog? And for the crafting, if i don't want the system to be available how can i do this?
« Last Edit: November 19, 2009, 03:34:34 PM by Hillyan84 »

November 19, 2009, 03:38:15 PM
Reply #5
    • View Profile

You can disable the stores form prc options and place books with epic spells and seeds  in your own stores.

Check prc_inc_switches.nss file (in prc_include.hak). More (much more) cool options there.

*Edit: Again a bit outdated description. The switch I was talking about is PRC_SPELLSLAB. If PRC_SPELLSLAB = 3 the option to by epic spellbooks will be disabled form PRC Options menu.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2009, 03:46:33 PM by xwarren »

November 19, 2009, 05:02:10 PM
Reply #6
  • Jr. Associate
    • View Profile

I am confused. If i change my hak (in the specific file you listed above) will my players must change their hak subsequentially?
About the variable way, where have i to put the variable? I've tried to put on the mod properties PRC_SPELLSLAB int 1 and the system stops to work...i can't use the epic book placeable to earn new spells.

Can you repeat what you've said in another simpler way? Excuse me in advance.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2009, 05:03:42 PM by Hillyan84 »

November 19, 2009, 05:32:35 PM
Reply #7

No, you don't change your hak file.  You set local int type variables on the module through the toolset.  The variables you can set are listed in that particular hak file, though :)

November 20, 2009, 06:58:11 AM
Reply #8
  • Jr. Associate
    • View Profile

Perfect, the usual elegant way of prc team! This is more than i could ever dream about these variables and about limiting some part of prc! Thanks 1000 times thanks

November 21, 2009, 03:50:35 AM
Reply #9
  • Jr. Associate
    • View Profile

Ok, another 2 questions.

1 - I'm using the include file of Prc 3.3 and the nss file "prc_inc_switch" of this hak. I'm reading all the text.
I use Prc 3.2, the variables are egual?

2 - An example of applying the variables:
This is from the text for the templates:

/******************************************************************************\
  *                               Template switches                            *
\******************************************************************************/

/**
 * Disable players selecting templates via PRC Options convo
 */
const string PRC_DISABLE_CONVO_TEMPLATE_GAIN = "PRC_DISABLE_CONVO_TEMPLATE_GAIN";

How can i apply this? Where and how?
On the mod properties? Is an int var? Which number have i to set?

Another example that i would like to set:

/*
 * Disable learning epic spells via the PRC OPtions Convo
 * Does not need PRC_EPIC_INGORE_DEFAULTS to be set
 */
const string PRC_EPIC_CONVO_LEARNING_DISABLE         = "PRC_EPIC_CONVO_LEARNING_DISABLE";

This is for disable epic spells via convo. The questions are as above.
If i disable this i have to:
-Place the merchant with seed where i want
-Place the epic book placeable from epic laboratory to make people earn the spells where i want
Ok?

Resuming, i don't understand the system to apply the variables cause i'm noob.
I was thinking that there were some numbers to apply to the int, but i don't think it's so.
Can yiu explain me how to apply these 2 variables?

Thanks!!!

November 21, 2009, 04:14:21 AM
Reply #10
    • View Profile

1. Generally yes, the variables are equal, but some new switches were added in 3.3. If you are using 3.2 use prc_inc_switches.nss for that version.

2. Open your module in Toolset. Go to Edit/Module properties/advanced tab. Click on '...' next to Variables. Copy and paste the name of the switch (PRC_DISABLE_CONVO_TEMPLATE_GAIN) to name field, leave the type as INT, set value to 1. Click 'Add' and save the module.

This should disable template gaining conversation form PRC Options menu.

For most switches 0 = False, 1 = True. if there are other options, they are described in the prc_inc_switches.nss file.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2009, 04:18:26 AM by xwarren »

November 21, 2009, 04:37:23 AM
Reply #11
  • Jr. Associate
    • View Profile

November 21, 2009, 05:01:50 AM
Reply #12
    • View Profile

Players will have the option to add/remove epic spells from the radial menu, but they won't learn new spells unless you provide all required components in your module (seeds, books, research placeable).

November 21, 2009, 06:32:45 AM
Reply #13
  • Jr. Associate
    • View Profile

I think this time it's all ok and clear. I've disabled some options that i use from personal scripts, like crafting, and some other stuff!
^_^ Thanks

November 21, 2009, 10:09:53 AM
Reply #14
  • Jr. Associate
    • View Profile

I can't find the 3.2 include hak, i've cancelled it. Using the variable of 3.3 setted to 1, have the result that my pg(level 40 with skill at 44), exp, gold and epic spellcasting feat, can't earn the epic spell.

He can learn the seeds but not the epic spells. Someone has ideas? Or a link to the 3.2 include file? On the vault there is only the 3.3
« Last Edit: November 21, 2009, 10:17:42 AM by Hillyan84 »