Player Resource Consortium

Author Topic: PRC 3.3h rc2!  (Read 16899 times)

March 29, 2010, 10:20:04 AM
Reply #15
  • Developer
    • View Profile

One more change if you want to include it: I've done a quick spelling check on the TLK file. No doubt I missed some stuff, and I didn't even attempt to check most proper names because I'm not familiar enough with them to know their correct spellings, but I did fix a lot of typos, misspellings, and grammar mistakes.

https://0C0ZKNFMVHWAREQZT5G2@s3.amazonaws.com/NWN/prc_consortium.tlk.xml

March 29, 2010, 06:09:09 PM
Reply #16
    • View Profile

Thank you for all your help CapnQ! It's really appreciated :)

I've downloaded the file and will merge it tomorrow. Wow, that's a lot of typos ;)

March 29, 2010, 07:24:19 PM
Reply #17
  • Developer
    • View Profile

Quote from: xwarren

Thank you for all your help CapnQ! It's really appreciated :)

No problem, I'm having fun. Mostly I've just been fixing things while I use them to make them work better. My first PnP Shifter changes were actually the first NWN scripting I'd done, so it has been interesting for that reason also. (I'm a professional programmer, so it hasn't been hard to pick up).

April 07, 2010, 09:33:25 PM
Reply #18
  • Jr. Associate
    • View Profile

Dread necromancers have advanced learning like warmages, will this be added?

April 08, 2010, 04:46:40 PM
Reply #19
  • Adept
    • View Profile

Hi. I'm a bit new to PRC. It seems I installed an older version two weeks ago. Can I just install this one on top of it?

I'd rather not completely reinstall NWN. I'm not very skilled, so it was hard enough to tweak it right the first time.

April 08, 2010, 06:19:24 PM
Reply #20
  • Associate
    • View Profile

The PRC does not affect your NWN installation, and I think the installer simply overwrites older versions of the PRC that may be present, so no worries there.

The way in which the PRC interacts with NWN is by being added to modules.  The installer also includes a routine to do this, and here is the one spot where old versons could be a problem.  You cannot add the PRC to a molule in which an older version is installed without causing problems.  However, depending on how you added the PRC to the module in the first place, the new PRC may function just fine with a module that has an older PRC added to it.  If it does not, you might have to  add the new PRC to a clean copy of the module.  (By default the installer creates a backup, which would be a clean copy of the module.

April 09, 2010, 04:45:02 AM
Reply #21
  • Adept
    • View Profile

Thanks, you were right. It worked. :)

April 09, 2010, 08:54:15 AM
Reply #22
    • View Profile

Quote from: seraglio

Dread necromancers have advanced learning like warmages, will this be added?

Sure, our manual says nothing about it, and I didn't know that this class has advanced learning as well.

edit: heh, just made a new spell list - and there are some standard necromantic spells like negative energy ray and negative energy burst, but also... Greater Restoration. Now, how this spell will fit into Necromancer build?

Quote from: azenmin

Hi. I'm a bit new to PRC. It seems I installed an older version two weeks ago. Can I just install this one on top of it?

I'd rather not completely reinstall NWN. I'm not very skilled, so it was hard enough to tweak it right the first time.

The only files permanently added to your module are those in prc_consortium.erf. But they haven't been changed since past several versions of PRC, so it it's safe to simply overwrite the old version.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2010, 10:32:03 AM by xwarren »

April 09, 2010, 09:30:42 AM
Reply #23
  • Adept
    • View Profile

I understand. Normally speaking, if they do change in a new release, it will be mentioned somewhere?

April 09, 2010, 10:29:12 AM
Reply #24
    • View Profile

Yes, I will inform players about that, but at this stage the chances that those files will be changed are pretty thin ;)

April 19, 2010, 06:39:30 PM
Reply #25
  • Jr. Associate
    • View Profile

Awesome that you are adding Dread necro advanced learning. As to Greater Restoration, players handbook(3.5) lists it as conjuration like other healing spells. I think either Bioware got it wrong, or there was a difference with 3.0 that got changed with 3.5. I noticed Orb spells lesser and normal conjuration for lesser and evocation for 4th level versions. Again I think its a 3.0 vs 3.5 thing,,,they are all conjuration now.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2010, 06:41:13 PM by seraglio »

May 14, 2010, 04:46:07 PM
Reply #26

Hi! I'm new to the site and forums here...

Was wondering if 3.3h RC2 is still the latest, or if there's a newer version out or about to be released?