Player Resource Consortium

Author Topic: PRC v3.3h RC1  (Read 14749 times)

December 18, 2009, 01:32:55 PM

Since no one else has mentioned it, the next RC for PRC v3.3 is up on the NWVault.

http://nwvault.ign.com/View.php?view=Hakpaks.Detail&id=7870
HEATSTROKE

December 18, 2009, 02:38:56 PM
Reply #1
  • Jr. Associate
    • View Profile
    • http://deepingdale.proboards.com/index.cgi?

Freakin SWEET!

December 19, 2009, 08:48:14 PM
Reply #2
  • Adept
    • View Profile

Very Nice.  You all do great things, and a great job.

One question, do we know if the 3.3h merge pack listed at the link above include Fluffy's updated .tlk file?  I checked the dates and I don't think it does.  Since I know pretty much nothing about such things, I'm just curious if the 3.3h merge .hak and .hif files will work with the Fluffy's .tlk file created for the 3.3g merge.

Sorry if that doesn't make sense, I'm not the most tech savvy person out there.  :-)

Again, thank you all for the hard work you put in--it adds incredibly to the fun.

Rev

December 20, 2009, 09:25:24 AM
Reply #3
    • View Profile

Thanks for asking. I would have never noticed that I've used old (3.3g) tlk file to do the merges. Uploaded new versions to the Vault.

3.3h merge tlk (new one) will not work with PRC 3.3g.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2009, 09:25:50 AM by xwarren »

December 20, 2009, 04:14:23 PM
Reply #4
  • Jr. Associate
    • View Profile

I have about 7 people on my server all having a hard time with this update. Missing inventory items { base items2da change} quickbars empty and the wrong spells in place. This may be a isiolated instance or some failure on my part to have updated the server right but I would love to hear if anyone else has similar issues or you may wanna hold up if you run a PW and test before implementing more than normal.  this was updating from 3.3g to 3.3hrc1

this is liekly a issue with the merge hak as opposed to a vanilla prc install as base items 2da has had some kinda changes it seems.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2009, 04:51:15 PM by dsabrae »

December 21, 2009, 12:38:49 AM
Reply #5
  • Associate
    • View Profile

I have also noticed that 3.3h RC 1 doesn't install as easily in some modules, Endless Nights 4, for example.  When I try to use the module installer, I get an error message that the content cannot be merged.  I went through the time-consuming process of installing all the haks by hand in the toolset, using a successful automatic install of a different module as a way of figuring out the correct order and then placing the appropriate merge hak at the top (since EN 4 uses CEP 1.5 or so) and switching to the appropriate merge tlk.  This process worked...sort of.  In just a few moments of play, I noticed that the PNP weapon proficiency system isn't working (weapons can't be equipped without the right proficiency anymore), and that my level 1 bard has 99 bard songs!  I like EN 4 very much but am reluctant to keep playing in a mod where something game stopping could go wrong later.

I have been able to automatically install PRC in EN 4 before without incident.

December 21, 2009, 02:43:28 AM
Reply #6
    • View Profile

I have fixed some spells and updated almost all new spell books. Some characters (especially spontaneous spellcasters) may have problems with this - those would need to reselect their spells. It is always a risk when editing new spell books. New characters won't have any problems like this.

Which items are missing? Baseitems.2da haven't changed that much - i have added some more lines form CEP 2.3 and edited DefaultModel section (<.< this might have cause some problems, the models are present in CEP 2.3, but I'm not sure about older versions). I'll post a merge version without that modifications as soon as possible (this evening maybe) and write you a script which will allow your old characters to reselect their spells.

Does the module updater displays any other messages? Abut PnP weapon proficiencies, and 99 bard song uses - the PRC was not installed correctly - merge hak should go on top of all haks (will fix PnP proficiencies) and prc_rest should be added to OnPlayerRest event (fixes bard song uses).

December 21, 2009, 01:14:54 PM
Reply #7
  • Jr. Associate
    • View Profile

AH my server has not updated to cep 2.3 we were using 2.2c previously. I can try updating to 2.3 and see what this corrects.It would seem some gems are missing models or gem bags as players opening gem bags are crashing when it tries to display items without 2d images associated.

Thanks!

December 21, 2009, 02:01:57 PM
Reply #8
    • View Profile

Ok, I've attached the item+script to fix characters with new spell books without releveling (the item is called rod of wonder, just cast it's special power on players with broken spell book and wait a few seconds - quite big loops, no vfx, sorry. After rest the character should get option to select her spells again).

And here is the link for merge hak without modifications I mentioned, but still with new lines from CEP 2.3
http://www.sendspace.com/file/yokcdi

Hope this will help, and sorry I made new problems :<
« Last Edit: December 21, 2009, 02:06:43 PM by xwarren »

December 22, 2009, 07:03:55 PM
Reply #9
  • Associate
    • View Profile

Quote from: xwarren

Does the module updater displays any other messages? Abut PnP weapon proficiencies, and 99 bard song uses - the PRC was not installed correctly - merge hak should go on top of all haks (will fix PnP proficiencies) and prc_rest should be added to OnPlayerRest event (fixes bard song uses).

I don't have computer with NWN in front of me, but the updater stops relatively early.  When it starts to build a merge tlk, it announces that the custom content (PRC) and the module contain content that can't be merged, and the operation aborts.

The merge is #1 in the hak list, but weapon proficiences are broken anyway.  (I agree that in theory that should solve the problem, but it doesn't in this case.)

Before the updater always worked, even in installations where it builds its own merge hak instead of using the official one.  However, when the updater does that, I have to install the newest PRC on a fresh copy of EN 4 each time a new version comes out to get the new material to work properly.  I assume that has somethsing to do wtih the way the installer creates custom tlks and haks, but it is a real pain.  I'd like to just be able to use the official merge hak and tlk, though at this point I would settle for anything, cumbersome or not, that worked.

Thanks as always for your help.  And by the way, thanks for getting sublime chord done!

December 23, 2009, 08:52:04 AM
Reply #10
  • Developer
    • View Profile

Quote from: Calirion

Does the module updater displays any other messages?

I don't have computer with NWN in front of me, but the updater stops relatively early.  When it starts to build a merge tlk, it announces that the custom content (PRC) and the module contain content that can't be merged, and the operation aborts.

xwarren: I had a similar problem with a module (I forget which) and found it was due to item 30000 in prc_consortium.tlk.xml. This item only exists to document CEP reserved areas, but the id of the item falls within the area it's reserving. Changing the id to 29999 fixed the problem for me.

December 23, 2009, 05:32:55 PM
Reply #11
    • View Profile

Thanks for the info CapnQ. I'll check this out.

December 25, 2009, 11:24:09 AM
Reply #12
  • Jr. Associate
    • View Profile

I am having troubles with the precacher and version 3.3rc1 and the cepmerge for 2.3.  My first few attempts resulted in mysql shutting down after increasing the maximum packet size i get a new error when importing the out file.

Error 1064 {42000} at line 1444373 { this is the same line that previously died to being too large}

You have a error in your sql syntax check the manual that corrospondsto your versions to use near 's_feast'; Insert into "prc_cached2da VALUES { cls+spct_healer', "level' 55 at line 1.

Now i dont know what that means but it sounds painful for healers : }

has anyone been able to precache on mysql yet?

January 13, 2010, 09:42:58 PM
Reply #13
  • Jr. Associate
    • View Profile

Ok, I've attached the item+script to fix characters with new spell books without releveling (the item is called rod of wonder, just cast it's special power on players with broken spell book and wait a few seconds - quite big loops, no vfx, sorry. After rest the character should get option to select her spells again).

And here is the link for merge hak without modifications I mentioned, but still with new lines from CEP 2.3
http://www.sendspace.com/file/yokcdi

Hope this will help, and sorry I made new problems :<

Im seeing every PRC spell book caster as having problems when newly made. Entry in bug reports for specifics to it. THough I came across this, these are new characters having the issue not preexisting vault entries for my part, just wanted to clarify here as these issues seem similar to the ones i posted in bug reports on.

February 01, 2010, 07:56:55 AM
Reply #14

hope this is the right spot.
Just installed the3.3h, started a new game, now all armors look like human torso's. how do I fix this?