Player Resource Consortium

Author Topic: Mystic Theurge Prob  (Read 5418 times)

January 29, 2010, 01:45:04 AM

Hope someone can help with this.

I have a 8th lvl character, 4th sorcerer/ 3rd cleric. tried to go Mystic theurge, and says that I must be able to cast 2nd lvl spells in order to take this feat.? Clerics get 2nd lvl spells at 3rd level, Sorcerers at 4th. I have 8 ranks in spell craft

I made another character, 5th sorc, 5th favored soul, 10 ranks spellcraft. same message, must be able to cast 2nd level spells to take this feat.

I downloaded the latest build, and am using diamond.

feats
combat casting
spell focus evocation
practiced spellcaster sorcerer

January 29, 2010, 06:26:54 AM
Reply #1
    • View Profile

I'm almost sure this was fixed in 3.3h rc1. I'll check that...

Edit: Yeah, fixed. Use this version:
http://nwvault.ign.com/View.php?view=Hakpaks.Detail&id=7870
« Last Edit: January 29, 2010, 07:43:51 AM by xwarren »

February 01, 2010, 06:29:18 AM
Reply #2

thanks, for some reason, I have 3.3g

February 01, 2010, 03:25:07 PM
Reply #3
  • Associate
    • View Profile

The problem, as evidenced in another thread, is that 3.3h rc1 has different problems, not being able to install correctly into some modules being one of the most obvious, though others are documented in the appropriate thread.  Consequently, it isn't yet a good solution to the 3.3g problem.

Personally I'm using the last 3.3g release candidate before the final release.  It doesn't seem to have the arcane/divine caster combination problem or any of the glitches that 3.3h rc1 has.  I don't get the newest content that way, but at least the older content all works.  I have no doubt that the wonderful folks at the PRC will get the 3.3h problems ironed out soon, but until that happens, using an older version of 3.3g makes for a more viable gaming experience.

February 02, 2010, 01:33:15 PM
Reply #4
    • View Profile

Quote from: Calirion

The problem, as evidenced in another thread, is that 3.3h rc1 has different problems, not being able to install correctly into some modules being one of the most obvious, though others are documented in the appropriate thread.  Consequently, it isn't yet a good solution to the 3.3g problem.

Personally I'm using the last 3.3g release candidate before the final release.  It doesn't seem to have the arcane/divine caster combination problem or any of the glitches that 3.3h rc1 has.  I don't get the newest content that way, but at least the older content all works.  I have no doubt that the wonderful folks at the PRC will get the 3.3h problems ironed out soon, but until that happens, using an older version of 3.3g makes for a more viable gaming experience.

Calirion, could you check if you'll have the same problems while installing this version:
http://www.easy-share.com/1909136819/PRC3.3h_TEST.rar

It's a test release, but I've installed it into EN4 without any errors.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2010, 01:34:59 PM by xwarren »

February 02, 2010, 03:06:51 PM
Reply #5
  • Associate
    • View Profile

Wow!  As always, a fantastically prompt response.

I'm not at home right now, but I wll test this when I can.

Thanks!

February 09, 2010, 05:11:12 PM
Reply #6
  • Associate
    • View Profile

Quote from: xwarren

Calirion, could you check if you'll have the same problems while installing this version:
http://www.easy-share.com/1909136819/PRC3.3h_TEST.rar

It's a test release, but I've installed it into EN4 without any errors.

Yes, I checked, and the test release installs into Endless Nights 4 smoothly.  I have been playing with it but have not found any obvious problems yet.  I did notice that as a dread necromancer (who therefore automatically knows all spells available to him)  I did not have to go through the process of picking spells as I have had to in earlier versions.  All the appropriate spells appeared as feats automatically.  That was a nice change.

I'm working on a build now that involves the new sublime chord prestige class.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2010, 05:12:07 PM by Calirion »