Player Resource Consortium

Author Topic: My Unique Character Build and Questions  (Read 4344 times)

February 03, 2010, 07:28:27 PM

After finding PRC I decided to fire up NWN again and try out this new character build.  It took me 2 days of messing around to get it right!

Background & Character Concept:

Julia Carter was abandoned as a baby by her mother who's father was an Orc.  She was found in a farmer's field and raised by the kind folk of an isolated rural community who treated her as one of their own even with her Orcish looks and personality.  At age 18 she heard rumors coming from a nearby town about Lady Aribeth looking for adventurers and heroes.  Even though her family and friends treated her as an equal she knew that she was out of place so she snuck away in the middle of the night to go seek adventure.

When she arrives in the big city she realizes that things aren't the same as the community she grew up in.  She experiences prejudice and sees how evil people can be (some of them even wishing all those cute little halflings would die from the plague!).  She also realizes her mere presence intimidates the humans of Neverwinter and causes them to hate and fear her.  She slowly becomes more and more evil like those around her until eventually she swears her soul to the gods Mephistopheles and Hextor becoming a twisted and deformed freak & servant of evil.

Julia Carter (Single Player Lvl 30 Build -Brawler 18/Disciple of Mephistopheles 5/Fist of Hextor 7)
Neutral Good (Neutral Evil by lvl 12)
Str 19 (25)
Dex 10 (8 Obese Deformity)
Con 12 (14 Obese Deformity)
Wis 8 (4 Madness Deformity, Does this work because my character sheet doesn't list it as 4?)
Chr 13 (14)

1 Brawler (I picked brawler as being a farm girl with no weapon or spell training this seemed like the best class) +1 Str all ability bonuses except Lvl 28
{Brawler Fist 1d6, Improved Unarmed Strike}
Force of Personality
Bonus Feat -Power Attack

3 Cleave

4 Bonus Feat -Great Cleave

6 {Brawler Fist 1d8, +1 Enchantment}
Weapon Focus Unarmed

8 Bonus Feat -Improved Critical Unarmed

9 Blind Fight

12 Alignment must be shifted to NE
{Brawler Fist 1d10, +2 Enchantment}
Disciple of Darkness
Bonus Feat -Brawler Extra Attack

13 Class Change -Disciple of Mephistopheles
{Hellfire Grasp, Fire Adept}

14 {Fire Resistance 10}

15 {Hellfire Blast}
Willing Deformity

16 {Flare}

17 {Summon Hamatula}

18 Class Change -Fist of Hextor
Deformity Madness
Bonus Feat -Brutal Strike +1

19 {Strength Boost 1xDay}

20 {Frightful Presence 1xDay}

21 Class Change -Brawler
Overwhelming Critical Unarmed

24 Devastating Critical Unarmed

25 Bonus Feat -Epic Weapon Focus Unarmed

26 {Brawler Fist 2d6, +3 Enchantment}

27 Class Change -Fist of Hextor
Deformity Obese
Bonus Feat -Brutal Strike +2

28 {Strength Boost 2xDay} +1Chr (not a feat but explained by gaining an intimidating evil prescence from Hextor)

29 {Frightful Presence 2xDay}

30 Deformity Parasite
Bonus Feat -Brutal Strike +3

So that's her, what do you guys think, it took a lot of work to get her just right!  I even managed to only give her deformities on the Disciple and fist of Hextor levels.  

Now questions.  Does Deformity Madness work?  I don't seem to have a -4 Wis on my character sheet and it doesn't have a picture icon for it.  Does Deformity Parasite work?  It also doesn't have an icon and when I use the ability there's no real action just the character raising his arms, I haven't tested it out and used it when my character is diseased or poisened yet.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2010, 07:43:11 PM by Drapetomaniac »