Player Resource Consortium

Author Topic: lots of bugs, need help  (Read 2953 times)

February 12, 2010, 12:19:05 PM

(sorry, english isnt my first language)

Hi all.

I resinstalled NWN this week ans start playing on a PW but I got a lot of bugs and it seems my friend and I are the only players experiencing those problems. Since I think the PRC or CEP might be the problem, I thought someone here could help me.

First of all, I cannot level up unless I press the recommended button and when I do so, it gives me feat and spells with only an icon, no description. Also, every time I try to summon a creature it disapears as soon as I move. Often, my controls key stop working so I have to move by clicking with my mouse. If I die and lose a level, I lose very spells in my spellbook. Even in the skills selection there are lots of skills that are only icons withtout names or descriptions, is it normal?

I have all the haks required, latest PRC and CEP.

Thx for your help, I was happy to come back on a PW that disapeared for 4 years and now I cannot play

February 12, 2010, 08:25:22 PM
Reply #1
  • Adept
    • View Profile

The missing descriptions sound like a dialog file problem. Are you using the PrC-CEP merge, and have the .tlk that comes with it in place?

If you're getting spells as a wiz/sor by leveling up you might be supposed to lose them if you level down again. The rest sounds messier though; if installing the prc-cep merge doesn't help those issues I'd probably try a complete reinstall. Hopefully someone else has a better idea.