Player Resource Consortium

Author Topic: Where are BIC files? :o  (Read 6502 times)

February 13, 2010, 06:50:33 AM
  • Adept
    • View Profile

I am using prc and cc with nwn and i have these builds i want to try, and that includes using Leto to level up characters, and multiclass them. My problem is finding the BIC files that prc cc creates. when browsing in nwn directory I can't seem to find any of those character creator bic files i have made, only the ready made character files that have been created without PRC CC. Allthough when i run nwn and start a new game with existing character i see the PRC created characters there and when i start a game it works fine. the thing im am wondering is where are the PRC CC BICs located? thx in advance ps I didn't find any similiar posts
« Last Edit: February 13, 2010, 06:53:11 AM by LegacyK »

February 13, 2010, 09:11:12 PM
Reply #1

Quote from: LegacyK

I am using prc and cc with nwn and i have these builds i want to try, and that includes using Leto to level up characters, and multiclass them. My problem is finding the BIC files that prc cc creates. when browsing in nwn directory I can't seem to find any of those character creator bic files i have made, only the ready made character files that have been created without PRC CC. Allthough when i run nwn and start a new game with existing character i see the PRC created characters there and when i start a game it works fine. the thing im am wondering is where are the PRC CC BICs located? thx in advance ps I didn't find any similiar posts

C:\NeverwinterNights\NWN\localvault should be where they are, since the PRC character creator puts them in the same place the game does.

February 13, 2010, 09:12:49 PM
Reply #2

The .bic files are stored in the same folder as the regular NWN created .bic files.  If you're not seeing them there, I'm not sure what to say... the game sees them if I read your post right, so they must be there.

The folder is a subfolder off of the main NWN folder.  It's like the "module" folder contains third party modules, and the "hak" folder contains .hak files.  I don't remember the name of the folder, but it's probably either "bic" or "characters" or something to that effect.

February 14, 2010, 05:06:03 AM
Reply #3
  • Adept
    • View Profile

thanks for replies! I have checked the localvault for the prc bics but there aren't any sign of them or any subfolders there. The weird thing is that the game recognizes them when playing but still no sign of the files. Could it be in some weird way that the folder is hidden or something?