Player Resource Consortium

Author Topic: Dread Necromancer  (Read 11993 times)

June 11, 2009, 03:47:45 AM

I was playing around with the prc 2da files in 3.3f2.  The Dread Necromancer Spell levels seem to work Ok.   Where should I upload the 2da files that were changed?

Also, I gave the Necromancer the Turn Undead feat.  However, neutral Dread Necromancer always Turns the undead instead of rebuking them.

Also, the Summon Undead Series produce monsters that just sit there.

Does a Dread Necromancer have Arcane Spell Failure?  I kind of cheated and gave the Dread Necromancer the Armored Mage feat.

Thank you.

June 11, 2009, 07:58:59 PM
Reply #1
  • Adept
    • View Profile

If you can't upload it here , you can just upload it on rapidshare and post a link here. I believe it's a fine temporary solution.

June 12, 2009, 07:37:33 AM
Reply #2

I fixed the DNecro spell isue. Comes of having a rather arcane a long script net to do spellbooks.
That is not dead which can eternal lie.
And with strange aeons even death may die.

June 12, 2009, 05:17:29 PM
Reply #3

For the Dread Necromancer, there are two strange level one spells - Dominate Person and -5.  According to one of the 2da files, they should be doom and Undetectable Alignment.  I tried to fix these in the Spells.2da and a couple of dread necromancer 2da files, but was unable to.

For the Dread Necromancer, would you please add the following items:
     Get a Familiar at Level 7
     Rebuke or Command Undead with the Turn Undead Spell
     Have something similar to the Armored Mage option where the arcane spell failure does not apply
     Tomb-tainted Soul - healing oneself for free with Charnel touch will be invaluable throughout your career (and Harm later is wicked good)
     (from http://forums.gleemax.com/showthread.php?t=759515)

Also, were the Summon Undead spells fixed so that Undead Characters at least would fight for the dread necromancer?

Thank you.

June 12, 2009, 05:52:06 PM
Reply #4

If you would like content that is not currently planned, the PRC help forum is available for coding.

June 28, 2009, 02:27:11 PM
Reply #5
  • Associate
    • View Profile

Quote from: Stratovarius

I fixed the DNecro spell isue. Comes of having a rather arcane a long script net to do spellbooks.

Elsewhere in the forums, I made the assumption that you were talking about 3.3g final, not the release candidate, even though the rc is dated after the posts indicating the fix.  3.3g rc still has the dread necro issues.  I haven't checked the other spellbook classes, but I would assume the problem is probably still there.  So is the summoning spell problem Susaphone clalled attention to her in her first post.

So, just to be clear, the spellbook issue is fixed and will work correctly when 3.3g final comes out?  Or is it still a work in progress?

July 01, 2009, 01:03:37 AM
Reply #6

Using the NwHak utilility, I updated the following files in the hak - prc_2das.hak:

cls_spbk_dnecro.2da
cls_feat_dnecro.2da

I added the following line to the bottom of cls_feat dnecro.2da:

1117 TurnUndead                                              294       3    1              1  

TurnUndead was listed previously, but it was indented incorrectly and was deleted.

The changes to cls_spbk_dnecro.2da (in the zip file) should be attached.  These changes do seem to work.

I tried adding the ArmouredMage feat, but it didn't work.  It showed up in the list, but I still got arcane spell failures.

Anyways, hope that helps.

As for programming, right now would not be a good time for me.  Perhaps at another time.

Thank you.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2009, 01:08:39 AM by SusaPhone »

July 13, 2009, 12:04:06 PM
Reply #7

Armoured Mage only works for the warmage.

August 01, 2009, 08:04:57 PM
Reply #8
  • Adept
    • View Profile

What a cool friggin class, much welcomed addition. Can't get enough of those Necromancers, must have more, lol.

Do we know what it is thats wrong with the summon undead 1-5 spells?

August 01, 2009, 11:35:07 PM
Reply #9

It's a corrupted UTC. It's fixed in CVS thanks to XWarren.

October 28, 2009, 09:46:18 PM
Reply #10

Out of curiosity, how do you summon more than one undead with Dread Necromancer?

October 29, 2009, 03:34:13 AM
Reply #11
    • View Profile

You'll have to change some switches:

- in prc options menu set PRC_MULTISUMMON switch to 1,
- set PRC_CREATE_UNDEAD_PERMANENT and PRC_PNP_ANIMATE_DEAD switches to 1,

PRC_MULTISUMMON will affect all summoning spells (summon undead, summon monster etc), the other two switches will work only for Animate Dead, Create Undead and Create Greater Undead spells.