Player Resource Consortium

Author Topic: Warblade Weapon Aptitude question  (Read 4866 times)

February 22, 2010, 10:08:20 PM
  • Developer
    • View Profile

Here's a thought that just occurred to me. According to http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/ex/20060802a&page=2, the Weapon Aptitude feat gives you this ability:

"Each morning, you can spend 1 hour in weapon practice to change the designated weapon for any feat you have that applies only to a single weapon (such as Weapon Focus). You must have the newly designated weapon available during your practice session to make this change. For example, if you wish to change the designated weapon for your Weapon Focus feat from greatsword to longsword, you must have a longsword available to practice with during your practice session."

Since all the Weapon Proficiency feats now apply to a single weapon, does that mean the Weapon Aptitude applies to proficiency feats also? For instance, if I have Weapon Proficiency(longsword), by using the Weapon Aptitude feat, can I exchange that for, say, Weapon Proficiency(bastard sword)?

(The current PRC implementation of Warblade doesn't do this; I'm asking to see if I should change it).

February 23, 2010, 06:17:36 AM
Reply #1

only if you took weapon proficiency as a feat or is an elf (fighter proficiencies aren't feats, they are class features; elven proficiencies are explicitly referred as feats)
« Last Edit: February 23, 2010, 06:23:31 AM by noiadodh »

February 23, 2010, 12:58:10 PM
Reply #2
  • Adept
    • View Profile

By PnP, you could exchange one exotic weapon for another or one martial weapon for another, but not the longsword for the bastard sword because Martial Weapon Proficiency (something) and Exotic Weapon Proficiency (something) are two distinct feats.

Dunno how it's implemented in the PrC though.

February 23, 2010, 05:16:57 PM
Reply #3
  • Developer
    • View Profile

Quote from: Raza

By PnP, you could exchange one exotic weapon for another or one martial weapon for another, but not the longsword for the bastard sword because Martial Weapon Proficiency (something) and Exotic Weapon Proficiency (something) are two distinct feats.

Dunno how it's implemented in the PrC though.

Thanks, that makes sense to me.

The PrC doesn't apply the Weapon Aptitude feat to weapon proficiencies at all because xwarren only recently made changes to separate the Martial/Exotic/Simple/etc. Weapon Proficiency feats into separate weapons, so the question only just now comes up.  I was the last person to work on the Weapon Aptitude feat, so I'd be a logical person to change it if it needs changing.