Player Resource Consortium

Author Topic: PRC Templates  (Read 17681 times)

October 24, 2009, 12:04:50 PM
Reply #15
    • View Profile

I'll check the handbooks for requirements of lich template and alter the script. If it requires evil alignment, i'll change the script so that neutral Dread Necro could also get this template.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2009, 12:12:17 PM by xwarren »

October 24, 2009, 01:23:20 PM
Reply #16
  • Associate
    • View Profile

Thanks!  Your work and this and other aspects of the PRC is much appreciated.

November 27, 2009, 12:41:45 PM
Reply #17
  • Adept
    • View Profile

I'll check the handbooks for requirements of lich template and alter the script. If it requires evil alignment, i'll change the script so that neutral Dread Necro could also get this template.

IIRC the template requires that you are evil, but if you gain it from being a Dread Necromancer you can be neutral. From what I understand, you are not technically a Lich. That's why you don't have LA or have to be evil. Let me see...

http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75882/19872470/New_Dread_Necromancer_Handbook

Lich (MM) According to custserv [Incident: 070501-000021](Big Bear), you do NOT become a Lich at 20th level. If you went and became a Necropolitan, then you need to pay for a True Resurection after you have enough XP to become 20th. Its worth it at that level though.

That's the closest I can find. It seems like a neutral Dread Necromancer does become a Lich though. And honestly, it'd be really silly of Wizards to make it so they couldn't...

-Edit: And yeah, Necropost. Just noticed that, my bad. Still though, it's been bugging the crud out of me as to why I wasn't becoming a Lich at level 20.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2009, 12:43:04 PM by Matar »

November 28, 2009, 09:59:08 AM
Reply #18
    • View Profile

I've edited a test script for the lich template. Now the requirements are:
- evil alignment, or non good Dread Necro (lvl 20+),
- arcane or divine caster level (11+),
- craft wondrous  item feat,
- non-monstrous race.

I hope I'll find some time to finish the whole template soon.