Player Resource Consortium

Author Topic: Loading Times  (Read 5393 times)

April 16, 2010, 06:06:28 PM

I tried using the PRC, and I got it to work. However, it increased loading times (and saving times) a lot (a quarter-second save suddenly took over ten seconds).

Is this normal?

If not, how can I fix it?

If it is normal, is there a way to install just part of the PRC to cut down the increase? For instance, I have little interest in Truenaming, or all the vile/exalted content.

April 16, 2010, 06:46:51 PM
Reply #1

Quote from: Prometheus

If it is normal, is there a way to install just part of the PRC to cut down the increase? For instance, I have little interest in Truenaming, or all the vile/exalted content.

Sure.  It's called a top hak & tons of 2DA editing.
HEATSTROKE

April 22, 2010, 10:32:35 AM
Reply #2

Quote from: DM Heatstroke

Okay, so it's basically nothing I can do.

That's about what I expected, but I figured it wouldn't hurt to ask. Thanks.

April 22, 2010, 01:50:04 PM
Reply #3

Okay, so it's basically nothing I can do.

That's about what I expected, but I figured it wouldn't hurt to ask. Thanks.

You can't edit a text file?
HEATSTROKE

April 22, 2010, 02:07:24 PM
Reply #4

honestly editing a 2da or tlk is not hard to do, as far as what would need done to reduce loading time i am not sure of. if you are interested i could get you a few links to a tutorial and a couple of tools needed to alter such files. i would even be willing to help you in this undertaking.
let me know :)

April 22, 2010, 02:23:39 PM
Reply #5

Quote from: clansunstar

honestly editing a 2da or tlk is not hard to do, as far as what would need done to reduce loading time i am not sure of. if you are interested i could get you a few links to a tutorial and a couple of tools needed to alter such files. i would even be willing to help you in this undertaking.

I'm still waiting for that hand with my Dark Sun server :P
HEATSTROKE

April 23, 2010, 08:29:43 AM
Reply #6

sorry about that, i finally got my focus back on my own server and have been building it for a while now. i have some time on the side for a project or two, but i don't want to get involved in too many at one time. ill check out your forum again and see what projects you need done so i can see which one i can start with.

April 23, 2010, 09:00:02 AM
Reply #7

sorry about that, i finally got my focus back on my own server and have been building it for a while now. i have some time on the side for a project or two, but i don't want to get involved in too many at one time. ill check out your forum again and see what projects you need done so i can see which one i can start with.

I was just picking, but there is a list of things that need to get done eventually on my forums. :D
HEATSTROKE