Player Resource Consortium

Author Topic: Adding Races to Default NWN Campaigns  (Read 4879 times)

May 15, 2016, 03:45:54 AM

How do I install the custom races in my NWN default campaigns? I installed PrC3.5, which is supposed to come with all these races; but I cannot select anything besides the default races in the character creation screen.

May 15, 2016, 07:24:12 AM
Reply #1

Try the PRC Char Creator.

http://neverwintervault.org/project/nwn1/other/tool/prc-character-creator-18-linux-and-mac-compatible

Has some Java related (new v. old jre) issues.

Some get it to work, others don't.
Fermi was a Pyrokineticist

June 27, 2016, 03:59:48 PM
Reply #2

That character creator keeps dieing on me.  It says that it can't find portraits.2da then it quits.

June 28, 2016, 07:25:55 PM
Reply #3

PM someone to make it for you and send back as attachment or post.

My CC doesn't work or I'd volunteer.
Fermi was a Pyrokineticist

June 29, 2016, 09:25:36 PM
Reply #4

I uninstalled, reinstalled, verified  NWN Diamond (GOG) the installed PrC and nothing else.  Then CC complained that I did not have a portraits folder.  So, I fixed that and it stopped crashing and complaining about it.  But, when I pressed finalize after creating a complete character it took forever and produced no results.

Tried Leto but it doesn't add the right feats.  You have to do that manually.

July 01, 2016, 03:20:24 PM
Reply #5
  • Associate
    • View Profile

You aren't going to like this answer, but it could be the problem is the GOG version. From what I can tell, it works but doesn't necessarily create the same registry entries as the original. People have reported problems ever since it came out.

There are still copies of the original game floating around, though people usually sell them for more than the original price. My suggestion would be buy one, use the update files from http://neverwintervault.org/ to update it to 1.69, and then try. I can't guarantee that will work, but it would improve your odds.