Player Resource Consortium

Author Topic: Practiced Spellcaster & caster level  (Read 4366 times)

April 20, 2010, 02:57:57 AM

In the manual it says 'Your caster level for the chosen class increase by +4. This can't increased your caster level beyond your HD', which means a Wizard Lv20 gets nothing through it, while a Fighter 5/Wizard 20 can have a caster level at 24 instead of 20.

But I have a question: A Wizard 20/Archmage 5 has caster level of 25, or even 30 at most (Spell Power V). According to the explanation, it seems Practiced Spellcaster will do nothing on this occasion, for the caster level is already no less than HD. Am I right? Or Wizard 20+Practiced Spellcaster(Wizard)+Archmage 5+Spell Power V will rise the caster level to 34? Or this depends on the order I choose those feats?

Thanx~

April 20, 2010, 06:41:41 AM
Reply #1

Quote from: william_iii

In the manual it says 'Your caster level for the chosen class increase by +4. This can't increased your caster level beyond your HD', which means a Wizard Lv20 gets nothing through it, while a Fighter 5/Wizard 20 can have a caster level at 24 instead of 20.

But I have a question: A Wizard 20/Archmage 5 has caster level of 25, or even 30 at most (Spell Power V). According to the explanation, it seems Practiced Spellcaster will do nothing on this occasion, for the caster level is already no less than HD. Am I right? Or Wizard 20+Practiced Spellcaster(Wizard)+Archmage 5+Spell Power V will rise the caster level to 34? Or this depends on the order I choose those feats?

Thanx~

In that case Practiced Spellcaster would be a wasted feat.  You'd have to take 4 levels of another class to get the full benefit.
HEATSTROKE

April 22, 2010, 03:32:41 AM
Reply #2

Thanks a lot ~:)~O(∩_∩)O~

Ask this because I've found no way to see caster level...