Player Resource Consortium

Author Topic: problems with prc  (Read 3421 times)

May 28, 2010, 12:20:04 PM
  • Adept
    • View Profile

alright.. i used to use prc 3.3b just fine with nwn 1.69 hotu, i recently started playing again and ofc got the newest prc but any and everytime i install a prc and update it into a module, when i go to play the module it just dies.. says nwn has encountered an error and cannot continue.(even 3.3b which used to work)  if it matters much i used a fresh install of the game for every attempt and that dont seem to help none

May 28, 2010, 04:17:04 PM
Reply #1

Quote from: enoch

alright.. i used to use prc 3.3b just fine with nwn 1.69 hotu, i recently started playing again and ofc got the newest prc but any and everytime i install a prc and update it into a module, when i go to play the module it just dies.. says nwn has encountered an error and cannot continue.(even 3.3b which used to work)  if it matters much i used a fresh install of the game for every attempt and that dont seem to help none

Did you install the PRC 3.3h rc2 into a module that already had PRC 3.3b?  Pretty sure that breaks everything.
HEATSTROKE

May 28, 2010, 10:56:35 PM
Reply #2
  • Adept
    • View Profile

Quote from: DM Heatstroke

Did you install the PRC 3.3h rc2 into a module that already had PRC 3.3b?  Pretty sure that breaks everything.

no they were fresh outta install then updated to 1.69.....

is there some kinda modification i need to make to original game files before installing prc? cause thats about all i could think of, idk like a fixed .exe or sumthin?

this just puzzles me since it used to work and dont now..

specs in case it matters:
windows xp media center edition sp3 32-bit
intel pentium 4 3.0 ghz with hyperthreading
2.0 gb ddr2 ram
nvidia 7300 gs 128mb Vram
seagate barracuda 7200.12 500gb SATA2 hdd

yea that shouldnt be the problem lol

any help would be greatly appreciated ty
« Last Edit: May 28, 2010, 10:58:27 PM by enoch »

June 01, 2010, 12:36:37 PM
Reply #3

You are using the PRC module updater & running both HIFs on the OC modules, right?
HEATSTROKE

June 01, 2010, 06:51:40 PM
Reply #4
  • Adept
    • View Profile

i suppose maybe? i have PRC pack.hif and prc_ocfix.hif.... i dont have CEP which i dont think i need it.... i tried with CEP also and alas to no avail.... ive tried just about everything i can think of and not just on one pc... idk, any ideas would be helpful if i cant figure it out i may just not bother(although i love the extra classes)

/E: update.... ok so maybe its not just a module loading error.. with prc installed i cant even play the campaign with OC perhaps missing a HAK file? altho i would think a re-install would fix that, and ive done enough of those....
« Last Edit: June 01, 2010, 06:55:01 PM by enoch »