Player Resource Consortium

Author Topic: Changing skill points/lvl  (Read 4275 times)

June 06, 2010, 12:27:42 PM

I have known how to do this, but I can't remember. :(

What do I have to do if I want to give the Bard & Ranger 6 skillpoints/lvl, for example, while using the PrC? It involves some unpacking & repacking of files, IIRC.

Thanks in advance!

June 06, 2010, 04:24:11 PM
Reply #1

Quote from: GawainBS

I have known how to do this, but I can't remember. :(

What do I have to do if I want to give the Bard & Ranger 6 skillpoints/lvl, for example, while using the PrC? It involves some unpacking & repacking of files, IIRC.

Thanks in advance!

1.) Extract classes.2da from the PRC_2da.hak file.

2.) Edit skill points, The column is SkillPointBase.

3.) Add the edited classes.2da to your modules top hak.  Make a top hak & associate it with the module if you don't already have one.

4.) If you are using the ConvoCC you'll need to precache your 2das again.
HEATSTROKE

June 06, 2010, 04:34:01 PM
Reply #2

Thanks. How do you add a 2da to a top hak and how can I tell if I'm using ConvoCC? It's been a really long time...

June 07, 2010, 01:05:51 PM
Reply #3

Thanks. How do you add a 2da to a top hak and how can I tell if I'm using ConvoCC? It's been a really long time...

Use the NWHak program in your NWN\Utils directory.  If you are using the ConvoCC, you can make a PRC character without having to use an external character editor.
HEATSTROKE

June 07, 2010, 01:17:37 PM
Reply #4

Nope, I have to use an external CC. Going to hunt ConvoCC down, thanks for your help!

June 07, 2010, 01:19:59 PM
Reply #5

Nope, I have to use an external CC. Going to hunt ConvoCC down, thanks for your help!

It's part of the PRC.  You have to be using a DB & NWNx to use it.
HEATSTROKE

June 07, 2010, 04:30:20 PM
Reply #6

Quote from: DM Heatstroke

It's part of the PRC.  You have to be using a DB & NWNx to use it.

Never heard of either.