Player Resource Consortium

Author Topic: Eldritch-blast like ability  (Read 4575 times)

June 09, 2010, 02:09:10 PM
  • Sr. Associate
    • View Profile

I wonder, can arcane casters get an ability that works like the Eldritch Blast, that is, a ray that can be cast at will? I don't want to spend 1 class slot on the warlock!
My first PrC+Q module (and 1st mod ever): Revamped OC

http://neverwinter.nexusmods.com/mods/163

June 09, 2010, 02:19:14 PM
Reply #1

Quote from: Dark_Ansem

I wonder, can arcane casters get an ability that works like the Eldritch Blast, that is, a ray that can be cast at will? I don't want to spend 1 class slot on the warlock!

Arcane Fire

or

Spellfire Wielder
HEATSTROKE

June 09, 2010, 02:33:14 PM
Reply #2
  • Sr. Associate
    • View Profile

Arcane Fire requires you to cast a spell, therefore it lacks the "at will" of the blast.

Spellfire Wielder, again, needs to be charged by absoring your own positive spells, isn't it?

How does Eldritch Blast determine damage? by character level, class level or caster level?
« Last Edit: June 09, 2010, 02:34:31 PM by Dark_Ansem »

June 09, 2010, 02:40:19 PM
Reply #3

Arcane Fire requires you to cast a spell, therefore it lacks the "at will" of the blast.

You don't cast a spell, but you do burn a spell slot.  If you want to play a Warlock, you should probably play a Warlock.

How does Eldritch Blast determine damage? by character level, class level or caster level?

Invoker Level
HEATSTROKE

June 09, 2010, 02:59:33 PM
Reply #4
  • Sr. Associate
    • View Profile

I know, but warlocks cannot become Liches or Archmages, not even to tell Red Wizards... the possibility for Arcane Domination go slim...

what interests me of the warlock is only that blast weapon usable at will. no more :D but thanks for the insight!

July 03, 2010, 12:27:01 AM
Reply #5

Spellfire Wielder, again, needs to be charged by absoring your own positive spells, isn't it?

Spellfire Wielder absorbs any spell that directly targets you (basically you're a sponge for magic, limited by your constitution). You can toggle absorbing beneficial spells on and off so you can actually be healed with magic.

I know that's probably not what you're after either. Sorry, it's probably the closest you can get to 'at will' magic rays without taking some levels in Warlock. You'd have to pre-charge with your own spells if you want to have the ability ready before fights, and the amount of damage you can dish out is ultimately limited by your Constitution score (limits how many spell levels you can store), but I think that's about it for options.

Unless you go and modify the PRC so that your class of choice gets Eldritch Blast and counts for invoker levels...