Player Resource Consortium

Author Topic: Reserve Feats  (Read 3550 times)

July 03, 2010, 12:13:03 AM

Out of curiosity, how feasible would these be to make? If you're not familiar with them, they give you a spell-like-ability with 'at-will' uses for as long as you have an appropriate spell prepared and not used (the fire-related reserve feat, for instance, lets you fling mini-bolts of fire as long as you have a fire spell prepared, I can't recall if the SLA scales with the highest-level spell of the appropriate type you have prepared, or not).

Not making a request really, since I know you guys aren't trying to add more features for the most part, just get what's already there working more smoothly (which is awesome, considering how long the team's been at this, now that's dedication). Just curiosity, really. I was wondering what would be involved in getting something like that to work, and just how complex it would have to be. It's something I've wondered about for awhile but didn't want to seem like I'm pestering for yet more features.

I assume the main difficulties would be getting the feats' scripts to 'know' when you have a spell of a certain descriptor prepared and when that spell has been used or not (i.e. so it stops letting you shoot mini firebolts when you've expended all your fire spells), right?

July 03, 2010, 04:02:17 AM
Reply #1
  • Sr. Associate
    • View Profile

I believe one exists already! spell-like ability for hierophant and archmage!
My first PrC+Q module (and 1st mod ever): Revamped OC

http://neverwinter.nexusmods.com/mods/163

July 06, 2010, 07:16:12 PM
Reply #2

Not the same, those are SLAs, Reserve Feats are different (they're from one of the spellcaster supplements). Can't recall which supplement they're from, might be Complete Mage or Arcana. the SLAs from the Heirophant and Archmage are limited use, and are normal spells. The ones I'm talking about are different.

Basically they're intended to help Wizards at lower levels (and they're still useful at higher levels for when you don't want to waste a spell) since they can quickly run out of spells and are then dead weight in a longer duration jaunt through a dungeon. Would be handy for servers where you can't just rest anywhere, especially in a low magic low exp world. Plus they're fun. xD