Player Resource Consortium

Author Topic: Simple and fast question  (Read 4288 times)

July 01, 2010, 01:19:05 PM
  • Jr. Associate
    • View Profile

If i modify a script of prc spells in the the prc spells hak, without changing the name of the script(in this way the files in the hak are the same of before), my players have to change their hak or it is enough that mine in the toolset is the one "modificed"?

July 01, 2010, 01:39:55 PM
Reply #1

Quote from: Hillyan84

If i modify a script of prc spells in the the prc spells hak, without changing the name of the script(in this way the files in the hak are the same of before), my players have to change their hak or it is enough that mine in the toolset is the one "modificed"?

It's better to put it in your servers top hak.  If you don't use a top hak then what you propose *should* work as scripts are only fired on the server.
HEATSTROKE

July 02, 2010, 02:58:48 PM
Reply #2
  • Jr. Associate
    • View Profile

My big problem is the following:

when a player dies, he obtains the variable "death" to make the deat persistant, also over re-logging in and out.

My problems is that without modifying the spell resurrection, i can't get the player to lose the variable!!! The module on respawn script removes the variables when the player respawns but it does not happen when some other player cast resurrection on the dead friend.

Someone has ideas?????

July 02, 2010, 03:26:39 PM
Reply #3

Are you using the PRCs persistent death system or a custom one? The PRC one should automatically change its switch as seen in the PRC Resurrection Spell Script

July 03, 2010, 10:13:32 AM
Reply #4
  • Jr. Associate
    • View Profile

I try to use the speelhooking function

July 03, 2010, 02:05:22 PM
Reply #5

It sounds like you use your own persistent death system. Why not just disabled yours and turn on the PRCs?

July 04, 2010, 12:01:58 PM
Reply #6

Quote from: KenquinnTheInsaneOne

It sounds like you use your own persistent death system. Why not just disabled yours and turn on the PRCs?

Seconded.
HEATSTROKE