Player Resource Consortium

Author Topic: PRC CC Failing to Launch  (Read 2840 times)

July 11, 2010, 05:43:36 PM
  • Adept
    • View Profile

Hello, just got NWN Diamond, and from my experience with other games, I looked into the mod community, and I saw this excellent pack. I got rather excited to use all this. My only issues: I can't create characters from level 1 with the new races and classes. Then I found out that that's because of how NWN is coded, and you need to use the Character Creators to get around that. Understandable. I download everything, extract it, follow the instructions, and it will not actually... launch. First it forms a text file saying "Java is not recognized as an internal or external command as an internal or external command..." A quick Google search shows me how to fix that. Then I try again... And the GUI launches, which is a good sign. I go to settings, include all the necessary files, and it loads the dialog.tlk, and then the prc_consortium.tlk, and then it closes. I try again, this time making the batch file, and this time it opens a console box as well as the GUI. Things proceed to load as normal, and then some extra text pops up in the console, and then everything closes and I'm stuck.

I got a screen capture of the text and have attached it to this post. Can anyone help?

EDIT: Oh, and I tried to just make a character using the default options and I was able to take feats that I was not qualified to do (Psionic feats as a Druid, Metabreath feats without a breath weapon, Dragonwrought as a human, etc.) Is this normal behavior for the mod or did something get messed up somewhere?

Also, I am running Windows 7 if that helps people identify the problem. I can run in compatibility mode just fine.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2010, 05:59:19 PM by Fayd »

July 12, 2010, 09:35:03 AM
Reply #1
    • View Profile

Quote from: Fayd

Hello, just got NWN Diamond, and from my experience with other games, I looked into the mod community, and I saw this excellent pack. I got rather excited to use all this. My only issues: I can't create characters from level 1 with the new races and classes. Then I found out that that's because of how NWN is coded, and you need to use the Character Creators to get around that. Understandable. I download everything, extract it, follow the instructions, and it will not actually... launch. First it forms a text file saying "Java is not recognized as an internal or external command as an internal or external command..." A quick Google search shows me how to fix that. Then I try again... And the GUI launches, which is a good sign. I go to settings, include all the necessary files, and it loads the dialog.tlk, and then the prc_consortium.tlk, and then it closes. I try again, this time making the batch file, and this time it opens a console box as well as the GUI. Things proceed to load as normal, and then some extra text pops up in the console, and then everything closes and I'm stuck.

I got a screen capture of the text and have attached it to this post. Can anyone help?

EDIT: Oh, and I tried to just make a character using the default options and I was able to take feats that I was not qualified to do (Psionic feats as a Druid, Metabreath feats without a breath weapon, Dragonwrought as a human, etc.) Is this normal behavior for the mod or did something get messed up somewhere?

Also, I am running Windows 7 if that helps people identify the problem. I can run in compatibility mode just fine.

(Quote from previous thread ;) )
Try different command line options - on my Windows I use this command to start CC:
Code: [Select]
java -Xmx200M -Xms200M -jar CC.jar
Good luck with that.

And yes, you can select those feats but your character won't be able to levelup :P
NWN can't handle all requirements for those feats, so we had to enforce them by scripts.

July 12, 2010, 03:09:02 PM
Reply #2
  • Adept
    • View Profile

Nope... still exists at the same point, right after everything finishes loading, the program stops. I've got every file in the folder running in compatibility mode and still nothing. Also, it's odd... when I delete the creator, re-download, an open it again, it has my haks and the tlk ready in settings. Could there be something wrong with the list of haks that the CC is loading?

How many haks should be selected? All of the available ones? Sorry for the incompetence on my part.

EDIT: I found the error. I had the Premium modules that come with Diamond haks selected. Don't do that. It makes things wig out.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2010, 03:14:16 PM by Fayd »