Player Resource Consortium

Author Topic: Archivist issues  (Read 8358 times)

June 26, 2010, 07:11:24 PM
  • Jr. Associate
    • View Profile

Running PRC 3.3H. I have a tiefling creaetd normally. When I enter module I immediately get dialog box "Archivist Spellbook. Select level to learn spell from" My only choice is "end Dialogue" WHich causes screen to loop and I never gain spells. Anyone else getting this?

June 26, 2010, 08:06:48 PM
Reply #1

The end dialog error generaly means your database is not working.

Did you precatch your database? If you did try deleting the sqlite.db file in your nwn directory and repalce PRC_DATA.* files in your data directory.(If you used the PRC installer just download the rar version and extra the files that start with PRC_DATA into your nwn data folder).
« Last Edit: June 26, 2010, 08:11:15 PM by KenquinnTheInsaneOne »

June 27, 2010, 03:49:14 AM
Reply #2
    • View Profile

Quote from: KenquinnTheInsaneOne

The end dialog error generaly means your database is not working.

Did you precatch your database? If you did try deleting the sqlite.db file in your nwn directory and repalce PRC_DATA.* files in your data directory.(If you used the PRC installer just download the rar version and extra the files that start with PRC_DATA into your nwn data folder).

Archivist works for me, so I'm not really sure what might be going on. Could be a database problem (you need to do what KenquinnTheInsaneOne wrote ;) ), 2da issue (you need to extract prc_2das.hak to hak folder and overwrite the existing one) or spell-gain script problem which will be my fault, but as i said it works for me :P

What is your characters INT score btw?

June 27, 2010, 11:07:59 AM
Reply #3
  • Jr. Associate
    • View Profile

I'm sorry but you're a bit over my head Kennquinn. I'll try to translate what you said:

Did you precatch your database?  Since I don't know how I'm going to assume the answer is NO. Does this have anything to do with the section in the Aurora toolset , under module properties, that says "cached scripts"? Or are you talking about something else?

try deleting the sqlite.db file in your nwn directory and repalce PRC_DATA.* files in your data directory. Ok I take it nwn directory is the install directory (F:\Program Files\NeverwinterNights\nwn_CEP_BETA for me). What specifically is the name of the file you want me to delete there? In the data folder in my install directory there are no "PRC_DATA.*" files. There are several .BIF files, none newer than 2008, and all of which seem related to the basic game, not added by PRC. There is also an actual database folder in my install directory. That does have PRC_DATA.* files. The largest of these files PRC_DATA.FPT, has not been updated since 6/6/10. The next largest, PRC_DATAC2.FPT, gets updated every time I open the module. It has a timestamps from today.

Ok, I'm going to try just deleting the PRC_DATA.*  files in the database subfolder. I dont know where the sqlite.db file might be, a file search reveals no such file. I'll also try running the network game version with NWNX and see if that gives me a different result since that definitely is using a database.

June 27, 2010, 11:27:55 AM
Reply #4
  • Jr. Associate
    • View Profile

Deleting those files in the database directory seemed to work after restarting character. I am now selecting spells. When I tried again with a character who was 3/3 wizard/archivist, I got a menu to select level 1 and 2 spells. I then got another menu asking if I wanted to select all spells of 2nd level (it included alternate divine spells like barkskin). When I selected yes, I was stuck in another "end dialogue" loop. Starting a new character works however. Thanks a ton for the help!

June 28, 2010, 12:21:59 AM
Reply #5

By precatch your database I mean run the "precacher sqlite prc.bat" file in your Neverwinter Nights directory.

When I said delete the PRC_DATA.* the * is a wildcard symbol or in other words delete any file the starts with PRC_DATA.

If your are getting the end dialog error it generally means your database is not working correctly. The best way to do that as I said before is to do the following.

[ulist=disc]Delete any file starting with PRC_DATA in the NWN/data or NWN/database folder
Replace the files your deleted with a fresh copy from the PRC rar version.
Delete the sqlite.db file from your NWN directory
Run the "precacher sqlite prc.bat" file in your NWN Directory. This takes 5 to 10 minutes depending on how fast your computer is. You also need to do this every time you update the PRC.[/ulist]

That should be a bit clearer as to what you do.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2010, 12:22:46 AM by KenquinnTheInsaneOne »

July 23, 2010, 12:28:31 AM
Reply #6
  • Jr. Associate
    • View Profile

Wow thanks for the detailed instructions Ken. That helps a lot. Couple of things tho with last 2 instructions

* Delete the sqlite.db file from your NWN directory
* Run the "precacher sqlite prc.bat" file in your NWN Directory. This takes 5 to 10 minutes depending on how fast your computer is. You also need to do this every time you update the PRC.

Does SQL Lite come with vanilla NWN or with the PRC? Either way there is no such thing on my computer. In the 6 years i've been messing with NWN i've never seen any such named files. I thought you only had sql with servers and or NWNX? Am in installing something wrong?

July 23, 2010, 01:58:22 AM
Reply #7
    • View Profile

Quote from: seraglio

Wow thanks for the detailed instructions Ken. That helps a lot. Couple of things tho with last 2 instructions

* Delete the sqlite.db file from your NWN directory
* Run the "precacher sqlite prc.bat" file in your NWN Directory. This takes 5 to 10 minutes depending on how fast your computer is. You also need to do this every time you update the PRC.

Does SQL Lite come with vanilla NWN or with the PRC? Either way there is no such thing on my computer. In the 6 years i've been messing with NWN i've never seen any such named files. I thought you only had sql with servers and or NWNX? Am in installing something wrong?

SQLite comes with PRC Server Pack. If you play in single player mode you don't have to worry about this.

July 23, 2010, 12:22:23 PM
Reply #8

Kenquinn pounds head against table, yes the precatching won't help if you don't have the server pack. Try downloading the PRC rar file and extracting the database files from it and put them in your database folder.

You may have to update your other PRC files with it as their was a small update since you first made this post.