Player Resource Consortium

Author Topic: Dread Necro Spells Per Day  (Read 3773 times)

July 28, 2010, 06:30:20 PM
  • Adept
    • View Profile

So far this has the Admins and Dms scratching their heads on this one PW I'm playing a dread necro on. Running 3.3h I believe, I may be wrong even though they do have a post saying to update and override files to 3.3h.

I'm level 3 and have 16 Cha yet after I rest, I get the "You have no level 1 spells remaining" message no matter how many times I rest. I'm no script maker but I believe it may be the custom rest script they have in place [ Press the rest key and you start and stop rest just to get a conversational choice pop up of 1.REST 2.Emote option 3.Emote option 4.Emote option and so on. Choosing rest then lets you rest.] I'm not sure if that conflicting with the scripts or not. It's not just dread necros, i hear shamans and favored souls have somewhat the same issues with spell casting on the PW.

Any answers or solutions would be helpful to Admins and DMs on the PW I play on.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2010, 06:31:37 PM by Graven »

July 28, 2010, 07:29:38 PM
Reply #1

Quote from: Graven

Any answers or solutions would be helpful to Admins and DMs on the PW I play on.

What you've described is a definite possibility.  Sounds like their rest script isn't firing the PRC rest script like it should.  If they installed it in the normal, automated fashion, it might be getting fired when the player clicks the re-purposed rest button & then canceled when the conversation menu starts.
HEATSTROKE

July 29, 2010, 04:58:37 PM
Reply #2
  • Adept
    • View Profile

Quote from: DM Heatstroke

What you've described is a definite possibility.  Sounds like their rest script isn't firing the PRC rest script like it should.  If they installed it in the normal, automated fashion, it might be getting fired when the player clicks the re-purposed rest button & then canceled when the conversation menu starts.

Seems one of the admins came to the same idea yesterday and tested it, so far no luck.

July 29, 2010, 05:07:18 PM
Reply #3
    • View Profile

Quote from: Graven

Quote from: DM Heatstroke

Seems one of the admins came to the same idea yesterday and tested it, so far no luck.

I would suggest enabling PRC_DEBUG switch to see what is happening during rest. New spell book classes won't be able to cast spells if prc_rest is not executed correctly.

August 01, 2010, 01:10:21 AM
Reply #4
  • Adept
    • View Profile

There seems to be something running on the mod preventing prc_rest script from running during or after the rest.The DMs are trying to hunt it down. So in the mean time, is it possible to force the script to run on a Use Unique Power item as a temporary possible workaround? or is it bound to resting only?

Edit: Never mind, they said they found the problem...hopefully.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2010, 02:25:36 PM by Graven »